Camillus Cutlery knife giveaway!

A little birdy name Bladite said something in a post, but that was during Blade, and I didn't know if my leg was getting pulled.

A little birdy name Bladite said something in a post, but that was during Blade, and I didn't know if my leg was getting pulled.

How confident are you it was your leg he was reaching for? :D

Hello Vit_213

Is there any stamping on the reverse sides of those blades? This is the first S702 I've seen with white/cream handles.

I can see the LIPIC stamp on the blade of smaller jack -- is there anything about the S702 to connect it to LIPIC as well?

Thanks, Phil!
This is a very wonderful knives.
0_4e330_792d3112_XL.jpg

Can you dating them both?
What model number of Lipic?

Last edited:
Photoon2011-06-16at0955.jpg

US Navy Marlin Spike.This knife is important to me because it was my first Camillus knife, given to me by my father. Honestly, I don't really know that much about this knife, or Camillus cutlery itself. Just thought this was a good place to share it.

Hey TheUSMC2017,

If you want to find out more about Camillus THIS is the place. Phil Gibbs, the guy who started this thread, actually worked at Camillis -- he might have made your knife!

If you want to research "spike knives" you should check out Toby Gibson's webpages The Sailing Knife and we have a group Nautical Knives, Art and Collectables over on the iKC knife forums.
Jim
PS -- did you flip the photo of your knife? If not, it might be real collector's rarity -- the blade's nail nick is usually on the "other" side. ;-)

Hello Vit_213

Is there any stamping on the reverse sides of those blades? This is the first S702 I've seen with white/cream handles.

I can see the LIPIC stamp on the blade of smaller jack -- is there anything about the S702 to connect it to LIPIC as well?

Hello Shepherd Jim
On the reverse side of LIPIC there is nothing.

S702
0_4f78f_9d2dec88_XL.jpg

I would also like to know more information about these knives.
I hope Tom Williams and Phil Gibbs tell something :)

Vit_213,
We manufactured knives for the LIPIC Pen Co. If my memory is correct they were a Camillus customer in the 1950's and 1960's.
Tom Williams

Tom, is there an association between the white-handled S702 and LIPIC Pen Co.? BTW: what determined if the can opener blade was stamped "CAN OPENER" or not?
0_4e330_792d3112_XL.jpg

The can opener in the model #S-702 is the same one that is used in the model #S1760 MIL-K knife. So it may or may not be stamped depending what was available when the knife was made. I do not recall that Camillus ever made the model #S-702 for LIPIC. They normally ordered small 2 blade knives with white or cracked ice handles.
Tom Williams

Tom, as always, thank you for your input.

So, how many different handle materials do you remember being put on the S702? Awhile back I saw one handled in "tortoise shell" which I assumed was a re-handle.

I'm glad this contest is over.. the thought of dragging out boxes and going through them doesn't sit well...
I do have one I received in a trade for a book a few years ago :) that I need to dig out and ask about...

Ladies & Gentleman;

To celebrate my 1000th post on BladeForums, as well as to consider my truly glacial 0.22 posts per day, I am celebrating with a knife giveaway!

To enter, simply post a pic that includes at least 1 Camillus Cutlery Company made knife & include why this knife is important to you.
Needless to say, as most of the knives they made did not say Camillus on them, there are a huge number of brands eligible!

I have at least 10 knives to give away!
Some are twice as old as me, but near mint; some are used with shrunken handles.
But each will be a small fragment of Camillus Cutlery Company.

Rules:

1.You must post the pic so it is visible on BladeForums, I will not click your insidious link to parts unknown.
2.Contest open to all BladeForums members & industry professionals alike.
3.Bonus points for paying members. [emoji106]
4.Double bonus points for Moderators! :D
5. A decent pic with a good story trumps all!
6.I will cover the shipping anywhere. (Sorry, planet Earth only!)
7.Contest open for entries until 12:00 Midnight, April 1st 2011
8.My contest, my rules! [emoji14]

She was a truly Great Company.
An unlikely amalgam of astonishingly talented English & German Cutlers fortified with incredible American Industry.

So, the whole world may be sliding into the proverbial abyss, but it’s a Knife Party at BladeForums!
Just today, I found a Vintage Camillus U. S. Made U. S. Marshal commemorative Trapper, I also have a Western Bowie 49 sold by Coleman, The Slipjoint is in the original box in mint condition, My Bowie is slightly used heh heh heh. ,, . Any idea on worth ? Thanx You in advance. ,, .

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Ladies & Gentleman;

To celebrate my 1000th post on BladeForums, as well as to consider my truly glacial 0.22 posts per day, I am celebrating with a knife giveaway!

To enter, simply post a pic that includes at least 1 Camillus Cutlery Company made knife & include why this knife is important to you.
Needless to say, as most of the knives they made did not say Camillus on them, there are a huge number of brands eligible!

I have at least 10 knives to give away!
Some are twice as old as me, but near mint; some are used with shrunken handles.
But each will be a small fragment of Camillus Cutlery Company.

Rules:

1.You must post the pic so it is visible on BladeForums, I will not click your insidious link to parts unknown.
2.Contest open to all BladeForums members & industry professionals alike.
3.Bonus points for paying members. [emoji106]
4.Double bonus points for Moderators! :D
5. A decent pic with a good story trumps all!
6.I will cover the shipping anywhere. (Sorry, planet Earth only!)
7.Contest open for entries until 12:00 Midnight, April 1st 2011
8.My contest, my rules! [emoji14]

She was a truly Great Company.
An unlikely amalgam of astonishingly talented English & German Cutlers fortified with incredible American Industry.

So, the whole world may be sliding into the proverbial abyss, but it’s a Knife Party at BladeForums!
Oh, I also have a U. S. A. Made 2Blade Barlow with fancy Bolster's

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

A giveaway thread from 5 years ago is probably not the right place to get a value on a knife.
Also I think you need to be gold level or above to ask value.

From Moderator Esav Benyamin

What is my knife worth ???

Support BladeForums!
Paid memberships don't see ads!
In order to curtail potential abuse of membership privileges associated with the forums, questions regarding valuation of knives and collections are limited to those with a membership level which permits selling on this site. Accordingly, registered and basic members may not start or post in threads with such requests whether with the intent to sell or for informational purposes only.

Back