Can a man own to many Swiss Army Knives?

Wow --- putting your estimate into numbers is a range of 57-95 firearms. Quite a collection!

Here on BF, I noticed another thread discussing numbers of knives owned, where one fellow described his knife collection heading upward beyond 3600 blades or so. It was all very organized into "handling groups" as he bought, traded, kept, sold, etc. Most interesting description on how he handles that many. That was the largest collection, number-wise, that I've read about. No comparison to my grand total of 20 blades.;)

My firearm situation is much more difficult with 3-5x as many at your peak. Most are Colt revolvers with the majority being 22's. Most of my shooting has been with 22 rifles, and S&W or Ruger revolvers in the last couple of years.

Knives are just small change, but they do pile up.

I have about 20 SAKs of various models (duplicates of my favorite Adventurer which I bought extras when I heard it was being discontinued) kinds and about that many GEC traditionals. That isn't a big number of GEC's, but I would think a fair number of SAKs for a non-collector. I consider my Colt revolver collection to be pretty good (and very focused). Missing one model in 22 and not in any big hurry to acquire a good specimen. Just have lost interest in that area which is why I am seriously looking at selling over a period of about 6 months.

I really don't count my knives. The only reason I know how many GEC slippies I own is because I built a spread sheet and tallied them up. It is a growing accumulation and being added to monthly.

I have all the models I want, with duplicates of all but at the right price I will buy ones I really don't need or want just cause the price is right. So, no you can't have too many.

I own a Pioneer, Pioneer X, Farmer, and Bantam. (All alox.) They serve different purposes, with the exception of the Pioneer X, which hadn't been released when I bought the first one.

My wife has a Cybertool, being a data scientist, but doesn't have much use for anything else, knife-wise.

trying to...

20170606_075847_zpsgodzyeh8.jpg

I haven't purchased one of these beastly SAKs as of yet. Do you actually carry one of them? I find the One Hand Trekker just about as big as I would pocket carry. But the clip does give you more carry options. I think you have said before carrying one with the clip is akin to carrying a large wad of keys.

Back