1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Carbon Fiber/Titanium Framelock Military...

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Carlos, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Carlos

Carlos

Jul 9, 2000
    I know it is a pipe-dream, and I have a better chance of marrying Natalie Portman than I do of ever seeing this come to fruition, but I love my carbon fiber Mil, and I think that a Military with this peel-ply CF scale on one side, and a titanium framelock scale on the other would be the sickest, coolest (add expletive here) clipit ever. Of course, it would probably list at $300+ so nevermind. But still... :D :D :D

2. Shmackey

Shmackey

May 5, 2000
    How about putting the CF scale on the other side and making it a framelock Compression Lock?

3. Carlos

Carlos

Jul 9, 2000
    We'd have to call that the Military 2 though. ;)

4. Shmackey

Shmackey

May 5, 2000
    I am willing to make that sacrifice. :)

5. Blades

Blades

Oct 5, 1998
    I think your on to something Carlos. :)

Blades

6. Bodieism

Bodieism

Jan 3, 2004
    I would rather have one with smooth titanium handles with whatever type of lock the majority of people wanted but I do like your idea :thumbup: .

7. Senate

Senate

Aug 20, 2004
    in 2006 we already have the ZDP Lum so make it for 2007 :)

8. roshi

roshi

May 3, 2001
    But think about it, still much better price than a Sebenza or a Strider SmF, right in line with the Emerson HD-7 and CQC-12.

9. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    Last time I asked about something like this the thread turned into something else but to awnser your question....
    HELL YES I want one.

10. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    I'd settle for a compression lock Military. Anything is better than the liner lock it has now.

11. Ed Ricketts

Ed Ricketts Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 1998
    Some very fascinating concepts here...I'm in.

12. u812

u812 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 15, 2002
    I have found that the Sebenza is my perfect EDC but I still love and collect Spydercos.
    Spyderco really needs a short run of a higher end Ti frame lock.I would like to see the G10 and Ti but all Ti would be good too.
    If not the Military a good one to bring back in a frame lock would be the handle of the Ti Lum tanto but with a drop point blade.

13. RattlerXX

RattlerXX

Nov 7, 2000
    I really want a Mili with a black blade and OD green handle, but since you said frame lock........I'll take one of those with titanium handles, and a stonewashed blade. Wishful thinking.:thumbup:

14. zenheretic

zenheretic

Oct 29, 2005
    Sorry for the ignorance, but what is the point of only have one side with the CF?

15. Carlos

Carlos

Jul 9, 2000
    Simplicity of construction, with a single slab of titanium replacing the steel linerlock and CF scale. Some feel that the framelock scale is "stronger" than a conventional linerlock. Using G10 on one side and a titanium framelock on the other is a style that has become increasingly common in tactical folders. If nothing else, it looks cool. ;)

16. pug

pug

Nov 2, 2005
    Sounds great to me. Count me in!

17. zenheretic

zenheretic

Oct 29, 2005
    I guess I will have to venture out of the Spyderco homeland and take a look...;)

18. Blades

Blades

Oct 5, 1998
    How about a 2007 or 2008 sprint run??
    :)

Blades

19. Axlis

Axlis

Sep 23, 2005
    How about a Para done up this way?

20. sven

sven