Chris Reeve Knives History Timeline To Date & Blade Steel Timeline

I don't think any of the originals were produced in BG-42, many of the first 200 numbered regulars were ATS-34 so the overlap went the other way.

The bottom one, #19 is ATS-34. All the rest are BG-42

NumberedUGs_zpskxjd8axu.jpg~original

Last edited:
I need an info about the back screw of the hollow handle knives.
Could someone tell me, when they changed from a hex to the round checkered ones?
Thanks for your help!

I need an info about the back screw of the hollow handle knives.
Could someone tell me, when they changed from a hex to the round checkered ones?
Thanks for your help!

When CRK made the One Piece Knives in South Africa, they all had the hex caps. When they moved to the US, they began making them with the round end caps. They still had some left over after the move, hence is why you see some USA made One Piece Knives with the hex caps. This is normal and would not raise any red flags. I have both SA and USA OPK with hex caps. Its a question I myself asked CRK many years ago and this was the answer I received.

Thank you all for these important informations.
A little help: does anyone of you has a birthcard of a P model (large and/or small) and could be so nice to post it?

At the risk of being presumptuous, I felt that this list should be part of the CRK history sticky for reference by all. With the help of several of members here as well as Anne Reeve, Sigifrith and I have compiled this list of CRK Annual LE inlays. These have all been either found online by one of us, personally witnessed, or have been verified from documentation provided by CRK (thanks Anne). There may still be gaps in the list, so if anyone reading this has additional information, please contact either Sigifrith or myself.

Year Inlays Available

1999 - California Buckeye; Dyed California Buckeye; Box Elder; Dyed Maple Burl; Spalted Maple Burl

2000 - Desert Ironwood; African Blackwood; California Buckeye; Maple Burl

2001 - California Buckeye; Maple Burl; Desert Ironwood; Bocote; Curly Maple, Box Elder

2002 - California Buckeye; Desert Ironwood; Box Elder; Ebony

2003 - Curly Maple; Bocote; California Buckeye; Box Elder Burl; Redwood Burl; Maple Burl; Snakewood, Desert Ironwood, Spalted Maple, Walnut, Macassar Ebony, Mammoth

2004 - California Buckeye; Maple Burl; Snakewood; Ebony; Redwood Burl; Bocote; Box Elder; Desert Ironwood; Mammoth; Walnut; Spalted Maple; Curly Maple; Black Palm

2005 - Snakewood; Desert Ironwood; Amboyna; Box Elder Burl; Black Palm; Mammoth Ivory (Bark); Redwood, California Buckeye, Black Ash, Walnut, Thuya; Spalted Maple

2006 - Redwood Burl; California Buckeye; Snakewood; Box Elder Burl; Maka; Spalted Maple, Black Ash; Mammoth Ivory (Bark), Mammoth Ivory (Interior); Walnut, Amboyna

2007 - Black Palm; American Plane; Amboyna; Walnut; Mammoth Ivory (Bark); California Buckeye, Box Elder, Thuya, Snakewood, Redwood, Spalted Maple

2008 - Bubinga; Satinwood; Mammoth Ivory (Interior)

2009 - Thuya; Box Elder Burl

2010 - Spalted Maple; Camphor

2011 - Wenge (with 18K Gold and Silver accents)

An update is above, in red.

Thanks LW! I saw one the other day but it was not for sale... [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

Yep, long gone. The inlays don't do a whole lot for me, but I'd probably pick it up anyway, if the price was fair. I've never seen American Plane, except the ones I fly on, and I don't have a 2007 Annual.

This have to be corrected:
Ubejane Skinner 4.5" Broadblade clip point: 1990 - Dec. 2009

in

Ubejane Skinner 4.5" Broadblade clip point: 1990 - Mar. 2010

My Ubejane is 25 march 2010 original BC

At the risk of being presumptuous, I felt that this list should be part of the CRK history sticky for reference by all. With the help of several of members here as well as Anne Reeve, Sigifrith and I have compiled this list of CRK Annual LE inlays. These have all been either found online by one of us, personally witnessed, or have been verified from documentation provided by CRK (thanks Anne). There may still be gaps in the list, so if anyone reading this has additional information, please contact either Sigifrith or myself...

Year Inlays Available

1999 - California Buckeye; Dyed California Buckeye; Box Elder; Dyed Maple Burl; Spalted Maple Burl
Black Walnut

2000 - Desert Ironwood; African Blackwood; California Buckeye; Maple Burl

2001 - California Buckeye; Maple Burl; Desert Ironwood; Bocote; Curly Maple

2002 - California Buckeye; Desert Ironwood; Box Elder; Ebony

2003 - Curly Maple; Bocote; California Buckeye; Box Elder Burl; Redwood Burl; Maple Burl; Snakewood, Desert Ironwood, Spalted Maple, Walnut, Macassar Ebony, Mammoth

2004 - California Buckeye; Maple Burl; Snakewood; Ebony; Redwood Burl; Bocote; Box Elder; Desert Ironwood; Mammoth; Walnut; Spalted Maple; Curly Maple; Black Palm

2005 - Snakewood; Desert Ironwood; Amboyna; Box Elder Burl; Black Palm; Mammoth Ivory (Bark); Redwood, California Buckeye, Black Ash, Walnut, Thuya; Spalted Maple

2006 - Redwood Burl; California Buckeye; Snakewood; Box Elder Burl; Maka; Spalted Maple, Black Ash; Mammoth Ivory (Bark), Mammoth Ivory (Interior); Walnut, Amboyna

2007 - Black Palm; American Plane; Amboyna; Walnut; Mammoth Ivory (Bark); California Buckeye, Box Elder, Thuya, Snakewood, Redwood, Spalted Maple

2008 - Bubinga; Satinwood; Mammoth Ivory (Interior)

2009 - Thuya; Box Elder Burl

2010 - Spalted Maple; Camphor

2011 - Wenge (with 18K Gold and Silver accents)

Another update...........

Here's a question. What material is the original Umnumzaan pivot adjustment tool made from? Hard to tell in photos. Know Hyde's replacement tools are aluminum. Thanks!

Back