• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Chris Williams knife tried to rip me off for $5,150

If the con artist can scare you into the accepting the con, and then shove it down your throat, and make you swallow it, and then send you on your merry old way, he stays satisfied, knowing that he has done his job well. I think that perhaps he has already screwed the wrong person, and he will know this when the hammer falls.

Last edited:
Sad thing is, there are tons of people out there thinking they have one helluva fine, custom, high end and hand made knife.
Most will probably never know.
Sucks.
Joe
Yeah Joe, you just pointed out the most perfect and obvious example.

I agree, it must be a part of the restraining order agreement, to not provoke each other.

Since Chris is banned here, he would be breaking the rules by signing up. Therefore, anything said on here wouldn't be considered instigating or provoking, since he isn't supposed to be here and wouldn't be able to see it otherwise.

Though that doesn't mean that either party is allowed to comment in any public arena relating to open court case. Furthermore, if they are not forbidden from doing so, it may not be in their parties best interest to do so.
Unfortunately for us.

Though I would rather it work out for the OP than us have a bit of info.

I placed 4 separate orders with Chris Williams knife company for my wife's Christmas gifts last year, these were custom/special order. The first order was placed on 8/31/2016, the second was on 9/6, the third was 9/29 and I'd need to look at my documentation for the date of the last order. The first three orders were placed using one credit card while the last order was with another card. The first order consisted of one knife, the second was two knives, the third was three knives and a carving set while the last order was two knives. The first knife was a "Damascus" abalone knife and it arrived and it looked like total crap. The blade was cloudy and dull and looked nothing like any of the knives in his pictures. At that point I figured maybe it was a one off and I'd wait for the 2nd order to come in and see what those knives looked like before making any decisions. I gave the knife to my wife even though it was before Christmas but I didn't tell her how I felt about it because we have other custom Damascus knives from other knife makers. She used the knife and she complained that the knife had a dull blade and rusted every time she washed it by hand. The 2nd order arrived on 10/29 and I was equally disappointed, my wife and I at that point started to question the quality of the knives right away. Her focus was on the rusting and dull blade issue but I couldn't help but feel like the Damascus blade was fake. I remembered on the knife making shows seeing the bands of Damascus pattern flowing through the whole blade including the spine/back of the blade so I went and grabbed one of my William Henry blades and compared the blades to one another. The Chris Williams knives didn't have the Damascus pattern on the spine and were polished. The William Henry blade is really smooth to the touch while the Chris Williams blade was abrasive and had almost a pitted feel. It seems like an acid etching. By that time my wife was already searching the internet and found this forum among others. We did as much research as we could and on December 6th I cancelled my 2 existing orders which totaled $5,150. Chris Williams wanted an answer and I told him I was unhappy about his customer service but was even more disappointed with the quality of the knives. He told me he would not refund my money in full as he had time invested in time and materials. I felt like he was a fraud, a liar and a scam artist so I decided to dispute the charges since I never received those orders. He sent me an email telling me that he was going to fight the disputes and that we were immoral/unethical people and ethical people didn't conduct business that way. He told me that the universe has a way of dealing with people like me. Both credit card companies sided in his favor because he was producing tracking order numbers for the first two orders that he did send to me. This went on until April 18th of this month and the whole time he sent harassing emails to me from December to April. I contacted the main credit card company at the beginning of April and asked for a supervisor. I explained that I kept being charged the money for these knives that I had not received and that he was using tracking numbers from a previous order and she came up with the idea of disputing every single charge for the sake of forcing him to produce all three tracking order numbers for that particular credit card company. Once he was informed that all three of those orders were disputed he sent me harrassing emails telling me that I was breaking the law and that I was the biggest scam artist in the world and he was going to make me pay. He said he was going to contact his powerful friends and he threatened to have my business investigated. We exchanged a couple emails but he decided to proceed to call me an idiot, a pussy and he asked for my address so he could come to my house and kick my ass. He threatened my business and sent me an email with my business address and phone number. He then found my address from his ups documents and told me he had friends everywhere and he was going to send them to get me. There were other things said between the two of us but there's too much to mention. At that point I filed an incident report with the police and I took them every page of all of our email exchanges. The officer advised I get a restraining order against him but I decided not to, this was April 18th. April 19th he decides to call me up and call me a piece of shit etc. so I went to court and was granted a temporary restraining order. I received a letter today from one of the credit card companies stating they have closed the dispute in my favor while the other card company called me and stated the same and I'm expecting a letter from them. I have a court date on May 3rd to determine whether I will be granted a permanent restraint order. I have made clear in this post which statements are opinions and which statement are facts. I can't say for sure the Damascus isn't real as I'm not a professional, but everything else is fact and I have paperwork that proves everything I have stated here to be true. I am willing to post any and all of it here as proof to back up my claims. We have also filed a complaint with the bbb that will not be disputed and will be available to the public once his opportunity to respond expires. Once the bbb complaint becomes public information I will post the link to it. We have also contacted every local news station in his area and are in communications with them currently, hopefully we will be able to share our story with the media and be able to post it to YouTube as well. I have also sent communications to a knife maker I have dealt with in the past to see if I can have these knives examined with the intentions of filling a lawsuit. Hopefully my story will expose this man so that he won't be able to harm anymore innocent people.

Since Chris is banned here

He is not banned. I think we all would welcome him to swing on by ;)

Any chance pics of the knives can be reposted now that photobucket is dead? Imgur works. Really want to see the Damascus.

Just finished reading this thread and the older thread linked to.

What a debacle.

I feel sorry for all those, who have paid through the nose for these blades.

This month’s issue of Gray’s Sporting Journal now has an ad w his company, and of all the products available (only four total in the accessories genre) added one of Chris Williams’ knives to their “Best Of 2017.” It’s the folder! When I opened the page I almost threw up. I always liked Gray’s. I guess it’s derivative-collateral damage added by that advertising agency and the different publications taking the ad agency money just keeps increasing. Perhaps the agency gets a percentage of increased sales due to the advertisements they can get published in the big magazines?
At least that “MadeMan” internet site added a first page Disclaimer to their interview of Williams warning his stuff isn’t quite all “handmade.”

Last edited:
Back