1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Christian kukri Guy steals HI photos?

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by spiraltwista, May 19, 2007.

1. spiraltwista

spiraltwista

Nov 29, 2002
    Hi Guys, Not sure where to post this , came across a website with some fellow who does up windlass & ontario kukri, loads of pages about kukris.

He say Hi are to expensive & sell ungodly kukris full of idolatory worship & demons. But he grinds the cho of his windlass ones & tells people how to clear the demons out of them. :(

But although he says he finds the Hi website disturbing he has stolen photos from it it seems? He does put a link to the sales website though.

http://survivalprimer.com/KukrisWithCurses.htm

http://survivalprimer.com/a_word_on_Sunday/newkukrindex.htm

http://survivalprimer.com/a_word_on_Sunday/newkukrindex.htm

Just though it all seemed wrong for such a pious man to steal the photos, while saying they are expensive & demon ridden.. Still at least he didnt hot link to them.

Spiral

As always, please delete if innapropriate links or anything.

2. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    From that link:

Once again I am reminded of why I want nothing to do with Christianity. How insulting.

3. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    One of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

It has it all...lies, deceit, theft, plagiarism, intolerance, bigotry, the list goes on.

Yeah...a shining example of a Christian.

I suppose that I need a bit more tolerance myself...where else would all of the mall ninjas and expert survivalists go?

Bill addressed this sort of thing a long time ago...he knew that you couldn't stop folks from stealing stuff, slandering, whatever...I think he trusted that it would all right itself in the end.

I will move this to the Cantina...but it can serve as an example to others as a warning to never take yourself too seriously or you might end up this way.

4. Rat Finkenstein

Rat Finkenstein Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2005

Your
    statement is insulting, as extremist wackos do not represent Christianity.

5. cybrok

cybrok

Aug 7, 2005
    I don't know it this is true, but what I know from Uncle Bill's pics is that they EAT the animal after.

I love meat, the only difference for me is that someone else kill the animal for me.

6. markksr

markksr

Mar 15, 2007
    +1
    I agree.
    That wacko's ignorance does not justify your's.

7. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007
    It is?

Put yourself in my shoes.

My father is Cherokee and my mother is scotch/welsh.

I have a extreme super-christian sister-in-law who bashes me for it constantly. I've had this sort of wacky nonsense shoved down my throat for years... in school, at jobs, at family gatherings, etc etc etc etc. It gets old. Real quick like.

No... not all christians are wacko. But in my personal experience with them, many of them certainly are.

My apologies for having an opinion. I will try not have any further opinions in the future.

8. seaice

seaice

Mar 22, 2007
    :foot: an allegation........
    :confused: but then.......
    :eek: ..... errrr..... pots & kettles, anyone?

9. Mad Mike

Mad Mike

Apr 17, 2002
    Firstly: Hi everyone it's been a while! I hope everyone is doing well!
    Secondly: I find the whole "needing to make them clean" and khukuris being offered to "unholy" forces to be a load of B.S.

10. H2OCutter

H2OCutter

Mar 11, 2007
    All mine have eyes, they find the sweet spot everytime.

My Sarge Samsher has its eyes open in this pic, see if you can find them,

[​IMG]

11. not2sharp

not2sharp Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 1999
    From that link:

It sounds like a good opportunity to invite a few wiccans to the HI Cantina; and, so HI's market broadens.:D

n2s

12. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    All right guys, there is enough room for all of us here with conflicting opinions and faiths. Like Wolf I'm not a Christian either and with a similar background as Wolf's I found it insulting as well even though I may not have worded it the same way Wolf did. The person who said,
    "My ancestors, at least some of them, were Native American. I know something of what I speak. Many of their items and practices had spiritual attachments not "of the Lord." It may be because of that, or some other reason, I am particularly sensitive to such matters." insulted the beliefs of those like myself who are ndn and follow the ways of our ancestors.:( There are folks of all different faiths here and we all get along nicely without bashing one another as Uncle Bill taught us so take what someone else says with a grain of salt, even if it is on a link someone posted here. eh?;) :)

13. Mad Mike

Mad Mike

Apr 17, 2002
    Well said Yvsa!:thumbup:

14. not2sharp

Jun 29, 1999
    I do not see anyone bashing anyone else's faith. On the contrary, the quoted comment, were used to illustrate and criticise Mr. Wolf's bigotry and intolerance.

n2s

15. Wolf_1989

Wolf_1989

Mar 30, 2007

What bigotry and intolerance?

l wasn't the one who was using the ethnic background of others to use as a racist means of spreading religious propaganda.

I was also not the one who made ANY negative remark about any member of this forum.

All I did was repost a bigoted remark from the link, and state my opinion of it. For that I am the one called "bigoted and intolerant". Am I to presume some people are okay with the "bigoted and intolerant" remarks made on that site...just so long as no one calls him on it (because after all, it is bigoted and intolerant to point out someones bigotry and intolerance).

:confused:

16. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Sweet Mercy!!!! I just visited the links above...
    He not only has pics of HI Khukuris he has the warning thread on the proper way to handle a khukuri, Oh well I guess it does give HI some free advertisement even though I think it's wrong of him to say some of the things he has said about HI.:( :grumpy:
    "Here's one for all the kukri lumberjacks out there. Let's say you just felled a nice tree with your chainsaw, and now it's time to draw the trusty kukri and set about de-limbing and such. Be dad gummed careful of any small saplings the tree might have fallen across. They'll be bent over storing energy just like the pole in a good snare setup. A large kukri will lop through a wrist thick sapling with one good lick, suddenly and violently releasing the energy stored in that bent sapling. A sapling of that diameter will recoil with enough force to put out an eye, crush a windpipe, et cetera. So what do you do? Don't cut either end, cut in the middle of the arc of the bent piece of wood, and only enough until the wood cracks, releasing most of it's energy. Same deal for limbs that are supporting the weight of the fallen tree, they're storing energy too.

Before you ask, no, it's never happened to me, and I'm sure plenty of you out there already knew about it, so I thank you for your patient indulgence. It just occurred to me that there's a lot of brand new kukri users popping up on the forum, and some of them may be new to chopping trees down/up. I've been through several hurricanes and seen a lot of folks hurt trying to deal with fallen trees. They can be very dangerous and entirely unforgiving.

----

AND PLEASE.....!!! From Kismet

1. Contain your initial enthusiasm.

2. Go slower when you are tired, and be more deliberate in your actions.

Stop before the accident. The job will stay there until you are rested.

[SIZE=-2]Copyright (c) 1999-2001 by Howard Wallace, all rights reserved.; 2002-3 Himalayan Imports.
    [SIZE=-2]This FAQ may not be included in commercial collections or compilations, or distributed for financial gain, without express written permission from the author. This FAQ may be printed and distributed for personal non-commercial, non-profit usage, or as class material, as long as there is no charge, except to cover materials, and as long as this copyright notice is included.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

17. not2sharp

Jun 29, 1999
    I am sorry; I got you confused with the guy who had the website. My wrong. :foot: :foot: :foot:

n2s

18. samhain73

samhain73

Mar 5, 2005
    Ok, heres one, now what:D

19. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Well N2S I guess if Mr. Wolf is a bigot and intolerant I suppose I am as well because I found what the links said about having Native American ancestry and not, "Of the Lord." to be insulting as well.
    People who don't know anything about American Indian beliefs shouldn't be talking out of turn.
    Now lets drop it while everyone is still amicable. The thread after all is about the website, not people's beliefs regardless of what's been said.:(

20. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Wanna buy an HI Khukuri? :thumbup: ;) :D :cool: