1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Coffin handled dagger with green walrus

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Mike Quesenberry, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Mike Quesenberry

Mike Quesenberry

Jun 2, 2009
    Well, some folks on here said they didn't get tired of seeing these coffin handled daggers, so here's another:).

This one has an 11 3/8" blade and 16 1/4" OAL. It has a five piece spacer and green fossilized walrus ivory.

Hope you like it.

[​IMG] IMG_6187 by Mike Quesenberry, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_6188 by Mike Quesenberry, on Flickr

[​IMG] IMG_6189 by Mike Quesenberry, on Flickr

[video=youtube;rAiMAhIhW4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAiMAhIhW4A&feature=context-cha[/video]

2. Tad Lynch

Tad Lynch KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 14, 2006
    Awesome, Mike. I'm in the crowd that never gets tired of them.

Tad

3. John White

John White

Jun 23, 2007
    Well,I won't get tired of looking at these Coffin-handles, or that Dogbone either.

That Green Walrus is something to get stoked about, too.

Good go, again, Mike

John

4. BonhamBlades

BonhamBlades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 13, 2010
    Oh my gosh! Simply a master piece!

5. Shaw Blades

Shaw Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 18, 2009
    Geez. That ferrule is outstanding.

6. Big Rick

Big Rick Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Mike, I am another one that never gets tired of your Coffin Handle Daggers too. I like that one especially the 5 piece spacer very classy!! Never seen green ivory before either. Great video too.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  7. Chris Montgomery

Chris Montgomery

Dec 8, 2011
    Outstanding!!! Not one detail overlooked or not executed stunningly! Thanks for sharing.

Chris

8. jjtjr

jjtjr Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2001
    Mike,

That is a great knife, beautiful steel!!

Jim Treacy

9. M.Griffin

M.Griffin

Nov 8, 2007
    Mike,

That is one beautiful knife. Everything about it is just awesome, but our ladder damascus puts it over the top. I think you do the best ladder in the business. Congrats on another stunner.

-Mike

P.S. I drove right through your neck of the woods a couple of weekends ago. The cops shot a guy just above Downieville and Hwy49 was closed. Had to go home the long way via Hwy70.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  10. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    Great lookin knife, Mike!!!

You really, really need to send it to a pro photographer...;)

11. wdtorque

wdtorque

May 29, 2010
    Mike,
    Awesome. Top to bottom. Spot on.
    In agreement with the outstanding group of makers above.
    I'm in the keep posting crowd too!
    Dozier

12. Robert Carter

Robert Carter

Sep 26, 2011
    Man o man what a great looking knife. That's some of the best ladder pattern I've seen in a while. Excellent work

13. billf

billf Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Mike

just an awesome job - you have quite a little "family" of daggers going !!!!

Love the Walrus!

Bill Flynn

14. gthouse

gthouse

Feb 16, 2010
    Mike, One of your best. Agree with Don. Send it out for a pro photo.
    Gary

15. Paul Savage

Paul Savage

May 22, 2005
    hmmmm, now this just sucks. I don't know what to look at more , the ivory or the chatoyance in the blade. Great knife and great photos Mike.

16. SBranson

SBranson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 29, 2006
    Bloody Hell Mike. Man you just keep cranking out the good stuff.

Flawless!!

17. Mike Turner

Mike Turner

Dec 8, 2005
    Another beauty Mike :thumbup:

18. Charlie Choil

Charlie Choil

Jun 25, 2012
    Really stunning knife!

19. D lisch

D lisch KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 27, 2007
    Mike another great coffin handle dagger and that ivory is just to cool.Thanks for giving me a first hand look at the parts they looked good then and they look even better now.

20. BenR.T.

BenR.T. Tanto grinder & High performance blade peddler Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 18, 2011
    Send it to Coop, send it to Coop, send it to Coop........:foot::D
    Seriously, I never get tired of looking at these Daggers and apparently neither do your customers!
    :thumbup: