1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Collins Axe

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Operator1975, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Operator1975

Operator1975

Sep 24, 2010
    So I saw my first Collins Axe (new) for sale today in an old time hardware store I hadnt visited for years. Michigan style head, either wood or fiberglass handle. I stood there looking at the big yellow sticker that read "Collins Axe". I thought back to a time when a maybe someone that used an axe everyday would come in to a hardware store and be looking for an axe, and might see a similar product.

Then I saw it was of pretty s****y quality and made in mexico by some Truper company I think. I then went home and drank some beer.

So much for my saturday awesome find. Oh well. In the back of my mind I knew it all along, but sometimes you have to hold out hope.

2. killa_concept

killa_concept

May 19, 2009
    Yep - sadly, gone are the days of being able to find good quality, made-in-the-USA axes in local hardware stores...

I guess that also goes for a number of other things that used to be produced domestically aside from axes - gotta love outsourcing :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. rg598

rg598

Oct 18, 2008
  4. warman

warman

Feb 16, 2005
    Well that just sucks! No wonder Bailey's don't carry them anymore.

5. warman

warman

Feb 16, 2005
    I saw a vintage one at an old hardware store here a couple months ago and I'm heading to see if it's still there.