1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Common sense

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by tikkidaddy, Jun 29, 2012.

1. tikkidaddy

tikkidaddy

Jan 1, 2012
    edc SAK as addition to bug out survival 2 use w/leatherman

2. SAKsRCool

SAKsRCool Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2007
    Is that one of those Motivational posters?

3. mg357

mg357

May 31, 2012
    i think it would be a good idea the sak can do the jobs that the leatherman can not be used for. The leatherman can be used for jobs that the sak can't do.

4. tikkidaddy

tikkidaddy

Jan 1, 2012
    I am looking 4 a SAK with a longer common sense blade and everyday tools as opposed to the little gadget additives one couldnt use in a outdoor survival/camp type ordeal. Im not critical of SAKS...i love them as a collector...but im not Les Stroud..need a bigger saw etc..

5. L. Richard

L. Richard

Dec 20, 2006
    Trailmaster or Trekker?

6. Mahoney

Mahoney

Mar 8, 2006
    SAKs and Multitools pair well, that way you can hold the nut with the multitool while tightening the machine screw with the driver blade of the SAK. Look for a series of implements that will complement each other...i.e. my swisstool does not have a corkscrew, but the SAK does....

7. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    SAK Forrester -- locking main blade, larger saw, locking cap lifter/screwdriver, awl...
    (yes, very similar to the Trekker)
    since I already EDC the Huntsman and the Forrester is basically an oversized version of that only without the scissors...

8. tikkidaddy

tikkidaddy

Jan 1, 2012
    great ideas...thanx...i couldnt live w/out my sog power-lock, finding the right SAK to go w/ it is a no brainer

9. Humppa

Humppa Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I have a Vic Forester for work at the building lot, beside a Case Soddie or any other slipjoint. The locking blade is nice and the handle size make it nice for longer working terms. It is also nice for outdoor tasks.

Kind regards