Compact Seax

Wanted to post some pics of my first Koyote (first custom for that matter). Its a nice EDC size, but plenty big enough to to tackle more. Its got (IIRC) a 3.5 inch blade and a four finger grip. Its got a slight upward angle to the blade that I really like. Anywho, I got to get it out in the woods for a little workout. Tried making a fire, but all the wood in the area was soaked. I used some tall grass to try and start the fire...it took a spark real well. Didn't mess with it too much though...winds picking up, and I was worried about a stray spark jumping my "fire pit" and catching the rest of the grass. So I called it a day with the fire starting. Okay, on to knife use....I'm not good with action pics BTW:) Used the spine to scrape some rotten wood and try to get some tinder. The seax did great at getting some shavings for my attempt as well. Just couldn't get the wood to catch. Yep thats it....not much of a workout for the knife, but it was nice to get it out and use it. Almost forgot to mention the handle....nice, fat little handle that melts into your hand. Been carrying the knife horizontally...hadn't planned too, but it just seems to work. It doesn't have a strap, but its got great retention. Already planning on my next Koyote or two....most likely Seaxs as well. Christof, love the knife, thanks.

Rick

Attachments

• 100_1926.jpg
    100_1926.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1928.jpg
    100_1928.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_1927.jpg
    100_1927.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_1929.jpg
    100_1929.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 62
Cool little blade. I'm a big fan of the Wharncliffe & Sheep's foot style.

Thanks for the kind words and suffering with my pics. Man, didn't realize it, but a couple of my pics are really blurry. Still carrying the knife everyday. Very useful all-around blade. Christof left the first inch or so not quite as sharp as the rest of the knife. Does anyone know how I can thin it out a touch and get it sharp? Also, does anyone know if Christof is coming back? Really like his designs and hope to see this forum pick up one day.

Rick

Back