1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Condor Hudson Bay vs Becker BK 7

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by MTHall720, Nov 5, 2012.

1. MTHall720

MTHall720 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Anyone have both these blades? Any side by side pics? I have the Becker but was wondering if Condor has a food solid feel to it and work well for medium to light duty chopping.

2. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    The Condor is quite solid and will handle medium/light chopping very nicely. They're using a much more attractive finish these days, too, as compared to the earlier "pockmarked" finish. It now has a random scratch pattern of small and natural-looking indentations that looks a lot more authentic. :)

3. HoosierQ

HoosierQ

Feb 9, 2010
    I don't have both. However, I would characterize the BK7 as light, quick, and handy. It does not have that blade heavy balance point that make for a serious chopping knife. IMHO, the BK7 would certainly chop some and stand up to it, but it is really more akin to a big Ka-Bar USMC type of field knife rather than a chopper. I think your arms gonna give out chopping much with a BK7 although I am sure it's done all the time.

4. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire

Nov 20, 2005
    Hard to beat the Condor Hudson Bay price point. I think it would be good for light chopping. I would want a larger diameter handle for heavier chopping chores and would choose a different knife entirely.