• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Considering leaving some pretty negative feedback. Should I feel like a jerk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ That's the $60,000 question here, JB! :D

The fact that her username is "Lone," leads me to believe she is either single, or lonely, but either way, on the market! ;) Every time I see pictures of her CRK Sebenza collection...I think to myself: "Now there's my type of woman!" :couple_inlove:

As for the OP here: patience grasshopper.:)

Damn, you discounted another question?!? :eek: No wonder there's so much BS feedback lately! :grumpy:

:p :p :p :p :p

You need to get a Moderator involved BEFORE you ever post NEG feedback...

First off, I have NEVER left negative feedback for anybody. Having said that, I will say that I completely disagree with the above statement. Completely. A Moderator can correct me, if I'm wrong, here, and I'll totally accept that, but I don't recall ever seeing that rule anywhere. Is it a good idea? Sure. Do I have to do it? Nope. I'm a big boy, and I can tell when something hasn't gone the way it should.

As to my statement in the OP of this thread-- The situation is resolved. Everybody got the knife they were trading for. The circumstances, briefly, were as follows.

Another member (who said he had recently been on the wrong end of a bad deal) and I agreed to trade knives. He wanted me to ship first, I didn't want to do it that way, said so, and was content to move on. He then agreed to ship same day-the following day. After lunch, I received a message "About to ship, we still good?" I said yes, and that I had just arrived at the Post Office. I sent tracking info a little while later. Was met with a number of questions about shipping location, where I was located, he wanted to see more of the receipt than the part where his tracking info was. Then, nothing. Silence. Ultimately he replied that he wouldn't be able to ship today, after all. He then added that he wouldn't be able to ship at all until Thursday, the day after my knife would arrive at his residence. I expressed my displeasure at this, and my thoughts that he had been manipulative in an effort to get his way, and then he quit responding.

So my OP here, was written a bit later, after I had time to mull this over a bit, and feel like I'd been taken. Not even sure I'd get a knife from this person, I vented here a bit. Purposefully not giving any detail, or responding to the several members who PM'd asking to know the person's name ("seriously, I won't tell anyone".) My venting here was born entirely out of frustration. Of course, I wasn't going to post feedback one way or the other until the transaction was completed.

I worked for many, many years in a profession that taught me that there are always at least two sides to every story. My experience also taught me that this is the case even when both parties are people of integrity, and that their two different takes on the same story will never be exactly the same. And typically, no one side is entirely correct. This is not skepticism, this is practical knowledge gleaned from decades on the job. I say this in order to recognize that the other gentleman's story will likely differ from mine a bit. He'll no doubt tell you that he had work complications, and that this situation was unavoidable. This all may be completely true. I have no way to say that it isn't.

In the end, he got his knife, I got mine. I still feel that the other party manipulated the transaction so that he would get what he wanted, exactly how he wanted, regardless of what he actually told me he would do. Nevertheless, I left no feedback at all, and will not.

First off, I have NEVER left negative feedback for anybody. Having said that, I will say that I completely disagree with the above statement. Completely. A Moderator can correct me, if I'm wrong, here, and I'll totally accept that, but I don't recall ever seeing that rule anywhere. Is it a good idea? Sure. Do I have to do it? Nope. I'm a big boy, and I can tell when something hasn't gone the way it should.

As to my statement in the OP of this thread-- The situation is resolved. Everybody got the knife they were trading for. The circumstances, briefly, were as follows.

Another member (who said he had recently been on the wrong end of a bad deal) and I agreed to trade knives. He wanted me to ship first, I didn't want to do it that way, said so, and was content to move on. He then agreed to ship same day-the following day. After lunch, I received a message "About to ship, we still good?" I said yes, and that I had just arrived at the Post Office. I sent tracking info a little while later. Was met with a number of questions about shipping location, where I was located, he wanted to see more of the receipt than the part where his tracking info was. Then, nothing. Silence. Ultimately he replied that he wouldn't be able to ship today, after all. He then added that he wouldn't be able to ship at all until Thursday, the day after my knife would arrive at his residence. I expressed my displeasure at this, and my thoughts that he had been manipulative in an effort to get his way, and then he quit responding.

So my OP here, was written a bit later, after I had time to mull this over a bit, and feel like I'd been taken. Not even sure I'd get a knife from this person, I vented here a bit. Purposefully not giving any detail, or responding to the several members who PM'd asking to know the person's name ("seriously, I won't tell anyone".) My venting here was born entirely out of frustration. Of course, I wasn't going to post feedback one way or the other until the transaction was completed.

I worked for many, many years in a profession that taught me that there are always at least two sides to every story. My experience also taught me that this is the case even when both parties are people of integrity, and that their two different takes on the same story will never be exactly the same. And typically, no one side is entirely correct. This is not skepticism, this is practical knowledge gleaned from decades on the job. I say this in order to recognize that the other gentleman's story will likely differ from mine a bit. He'll no doubt tell you that he had work complications, and that this situation was unavoidable. This all may be completely true. I have no way to say that it isn't.

In the end, he got his knife, I got mine. I still feel that the other party manipulated the transaction so that he would get what he wanted, exactly how he wanted, regardless of what he actually told me he would do. Nevertheless, I left no feedback at all, and will not.

As you said, it is totally at your discretion to leave feedback and you've made that decision. I just want to say that in my opinion, you would be totally justified in leaving negative feedback for this person. He lied to you and manipulated the trade. He/she was dishonest and absolutely deserves negative feedback. But I guess you didn't leave a name so, that sucks.

Last edited:
OP brings us in, then leaves us hanging by refusing to name anyone. So searching here before conducting business with him wont help either. At least you got to vent, I guess.

OP brings us in, then leaves us hanging by refusing to name anyone. So searching here before conducting business with him wont help either. At least you got to vent, I guess.

Why would I name anybody if I had decided not to leave feedback? I posted out of frustration in the middle of there deal. Yup, I got to vent. Sorry if you don't get to point a finger at the source of my frustration. For what it's worth, the person in question has a considerable amount of feedback, all of it great. Since this deal eventually worked, I decided to swallow my pride and just let it lie.

Why would I name anybody if I had decided not to leave feedback? I posted out of frustration in the middle of there deal. Yup, I got to vent. Sorry if you don't get to point a finger at the source of my frustration. For what it's worth, the person in question has a considerable amount of feedback, all of it great. Since this deal eventually worked, I decided to swallow my pride and just let it lie.

^This thread has been/is: AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME!!!:rolleyes: Please do yourself a favor OP; close this up.

"PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!" :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Yeah, showcases my reading comprehension doesn't it?

^This thread has been/is: AN ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME!!!:rolleyes: Please do yourself a favor OP; close this up.

"PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!" :thumbsup:

New to the internet? The land where anybody can say anything about anything? Thread served exactly the purpose I wanted or needed at the time.

The person obviously lied to you and I for one would not want to do business with him so please out his lying ass.
Send me a PM or whatever they call them over here, if you don't want to do it publicly please.

I just looked at his sale/trade history and figured it had to be one of those members.

Though I didn't start a thread about my experience, I did find myself in this same situation last year. We agreed to ship on the same day, I shipped my end of the trade and then waited, . . . and waited to get a tracking number only to find that my knife was not shipped till the knife I had traded arrived at the other members residence. I was also stressing over the trade and unfortunately it has made me much less willing to trade unless I have had multiple prior transactions with a member. Luckily I did receive the knife I traded for and it was in the condition I expected. I did feel like it was a shitty thing to do however, considering that I had taken the same risk the other party had agreed to take when we decided to trade. For fear of receiving negative retaliatory feedback and the fact that I was relieved I did not just lose $600-$700, I chose not to leave feedback at all. I did add the member to my ignore list however. I also do not feel comfortable sharing the other members name here since he does not have the opportunity to defend his actions(I really don't want to start some drama/fight with him either). I did notice however that in almost 2 years of BF membership he only has 3 positive feedback ratings. I'm not sure if this is due to other transactions he's involved in being less than 100% satisfactory to the other party but it has forced me to be more skeptical about future trades and I think I would require the other party to ship first unless they have a minimum feedback rating.

I had this same thing happen to me. Maybe if we started outing these guys in GB&U, we can save someone else the stress.

I had this same thing happen to me. Maybe if we started outing these guys in GB&U, we can save someone else the stress.

Agreed. I'm glad it worked out for the op, but I'd just as soon avoid this kind of a headache in the future. If I pursue a trade I'd like to know the type of individual I'm dealing with.

Short and quick since there's no details= Ignore list. Reading the OP and I'm like Huh? With this new software you're gone........

While it is still at your discretion to leave feedback or name the person in this thread, the purpose of the feedback system as well as GBU isn't for vengeance, but to inform others of a potential problem member. By not leaving feedback or naming them that person continues to have an underserved stellar reputation. In this case I think naming them here or negative feedback would be warranted, but it is up to you.
You might have gone with a neutral-Everyone got their stuff, but it was not a perfect transaction by any means. Just enough o give the next guy pause, or if he too had a problem to step up.

Last edited:
Short and quick since there's no details= Ignore list. Reading the OP and I'm like Huh? With this new software you're gone........
I agree i read thrpugh this entire thread to get nothing but a waste of time. We do not want to trade with someone who is dishonest and doesnt send their knife. This gbu is for you letting people know about this. But redwoods post belongs in the whiiine section if it is only for his benefit. Thanks for nothing redwood and please close this thread so no one else wastes their time reading this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back