Cookie is stuck again.

What do you mean when you say it's stuck?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com

Insert witty quip here

That would explain it; I've been having to manually Reload threads that I've read and have since been updated. Otherwise netscape brings up the cached version from earlier in the day.

=- Craig

ok I was poking around in my cookie file....

I found something interesting:

www.BladeForums.com FALSE /cgi FALSE 948690177 lastLogin 2451203.0029
www.BladeForums.com FALSE /cgi FALSE 948690177 LastLoginDT 01-24-99%2012%3A29%20AM
www.bladeForums.com FALSE /cgi FALSE 948871494 lastLogin 2451205.0252
www.bladeForums.com FALSE /cgi FALSE 948871494 LastLoginDT 01-26-99%2002%8A25%20AM

Usualy I use my history to automaticly guess what URL I am typing...sometimes I hit a capital B sometimes I dont. It seems as though I have a set of cookies for each www.bladeForums.com and www.BladeForums.com

I'm gonna knock one of them out and see what happens.

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Ok, when I took one of the sets out it was bad. So I deleted the whole thing. Then I reset my history, and retyped www.bladeforums.com with no caps as all internet URL's should be. So far seemingly it is working. So its quite possible that by hitting the forum with caps in one and no cap in the other, that it generated two cookies and couldnt decide which to use.

Sound logical?
smile.gif

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Very logical since in the world of computers BladeForums.com does not equal Bladeforums.com or BLADEFORUMS.com or bladeforums.com, etc etc etc etc.

The cookie responds to the URL in your address window, so if you have a differant spelling or caps, it's just like having a different address as far as the cookie is concerned.

So, from now on, stop with the whiney tree hugging pinko liberal communist sympathizer crap, and type BladeForums.com like any proud Netizen.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

I knew my logic was sound.

I reset it to www.bladeforums.com like all proud netizens DO! Cept of corse for you, ya hippy tree hugging reef dweling cheep knife buying kenny killing start of a fire with cheeze on top!

Now why didnt you think of this yesterday when you took your "Wild Ass Guess"?

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

Probably gave you too much credit, you hoser!

Shove off, eh?

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg

Insert witty quip here

Back