Cooking

Our food tonight, thanks to Grunt Solider
104_1072.jpg

Mmmmmm....what a hearty looking dish! I'll bet it smelled great cooking. I'm thinking that shrimp or fish could be used, making it a versatile concoction. Thank you for sharing!

Mmmmmm....what a hearty looking dish! I'll bet it smelled great cooking. I'm thinking that shrimp or fish could be used, making it a versatile concoction. Thank you for sharing!

If you are talking about mine, I would like to try it with smoled sausage.

If you are talking about mine, I would like to try it with smoled sausage.

Either smoked sausage or shrimp sound pretty good to me.
It's been a while since I was last in Louisiana. I could sure use some boudin right about now.

004-1.jpg

Chilled Chicken Chili Soup
Nice soup for a warm day. It has a southwestern flavor, but refreshing with cucumber bits. Nice way to use leftover chicken, too!

That looks good, is it as spicy as it looks?

That looks good, is it as spicy as it looks?

It does have a zesty-hot undertone. But it is cooling as well. Perfect warm-weather dish! I just had the leftovers, and threw some pepitas on the soup. Made it even more southwestern. Yum.

That does look yummy! Plus a very nice presentation.

We used up our leftover chicken in some spaghetti sauce, and eating it again tonight.

We had some pork loin chops with Crazy Buzy Dayz coating for Sunday dinner - we really like that, getting ready to order more!

best

mqqn

Glad you guys are enjoying the pulled pork. It's one of my favorites. John that chicken soup was looking delicious.

Last night we did chicken surfeit. It was amazing. Served on top of rice

3E80E6DA-F5F0-4D1F-BB00-B6CD70116A42-106-000000674759DB1A.jpg

6CD36B31-D647-433E-96FC-415CC9BC4909-106-000000674E3962B4.jpg

Looks amazing! What all is in that hearty looking dish?
Glad you guys are enjoying the pulled pork. It's one of my favorites. John that chicken soup was looking delicious.

Last night we did chicken surfeit. It was amazing. Served on top of rice

3E80E6DA-F5F0-4D1F-BB00-B6CD70116A42-106-000000674759DB1A.jpg

6CD36B31-D647-433E-96FC-415CC9BC4909-106-000000674E3962B4.jpg

Well I'm not sure I can give exact instructions as it's just a add to taste for me and the wifey but I'll see what I can do..

This last batch we did 3 boneless/skinless chicken breast. and 5 bone in wings w/ skin and bone for flavor. brown chicken in olive oil.

2 of the 13 or 16 oz tomato sauce.

3 cloves of garlic. cut up or crushed

1 jalapeno pepper, 1 mucho nacho peppers, seeds left in. 1.5 jars of banana peppers and 1/4th of 1 jar of the banana pepper juice

1 full medium sized onion in thick chunks

1 red bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper

Use the tomato can and fill it with water. 1 can of water

2 small cans of mushrooms.

salt and pepper to taste

2 tea spoons of cayenne red pepper.

after browning the chicken on both sides. combine all ingredients in a big electric skillet or you you could probably do it in a crock. mix in water, tomato sauce, garlic, peppers, pepper juice. cook on 350 for like 15 minutes (allow it to boil for a few minutes) then turn down to around 300 for a hour or so. after that turn it down to 225 just to keep it warm well you make the rice.

serve it on the rice and if your feeling frisky cook up some good garlic bread and enjoy with it. I think that is it.

I will try that this weekend. Sounds tasty and nourishing. My neighbor has sourdough starter, will share your dish in trade for some crusty hot sourdough bread! Thank you for sharing the details!

John, that is one of my favorite things to eat.

I made this for lunch. Pretty tasty.
001.JPG

Back