1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Copper Loveless style fasteners!

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by curtis K, Jan 2, 2014.

1. curtis K

curtis K

Oct 15, 2009
    I love the look of copper and the look of a Loveless style fastener, but I really did not want to give up my first born for them. If you think I’m kidding, just price those things! Well Jeff Petzke at Jephco has made all steel ferrules for me and also some JP bolts so I contacted him. Yep, you guessed it, Jeff makes all copper ferrules and screws for Loveless fasteners! And, your first born is safe, and you don’t have to give up an appendage for them either. 2 Copper (ferrules) Nuts on Copper Screw $ 1.75 each! I really cannot sing his praises enough. The man makes a great product and I have not found any supplier who can beat his quality or pricing on hardware!

2. Jason Fry

Jason Fry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2008
    Good to see you on the forum, Curtis. Hope you're doing well, and thanks for the tip on the copper fasteners.

3. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    I love copper Corby bolts on kitchen knives.

4. Russ Andrews

Russ Andrews Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2002
    Stacy...Where do you get them..?.....Make them..?

5. james terrio

james terrio Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket Moderator

Apr 15, 2010
    Lots of talk about copper bolts lately. I like 'em, too! Too bad it's such a pain to get 2 or 3 threads mixed together in one thread...

In other news, might wanna be careful about bragging up a manu/distro/dealer etc. who happens to not be a member here.

6. Hengelo_77

Hengelo_77 Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 2, 2006
  7. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Among others, USA Knifemaker Supply sells them in several sizes and at a very good price. If you use a lot, talk to him about a bulk order.

8. Doubletrouble

Doubletrouble

Apr 23, 2013
    I used to buy some copper from other sources but I have found JEPHCO to have the highest quality and the best prices. His stuff is American made! Me and my neighbors did a bulk buy from him and he really let us have a great deal (100 pieces). I'm sure he still made money but they were really affordable. His one off prices beats most bulk prices too. He offers custom machining which is helping me with the design for my next folder. Rumor is he is going to be offering folder parts sometime in 2014 can't wait for some unique parts for folders Hint Hint!