1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

couple of knives...one actually for me!

Discussion in 'Knife Maker's Gallery' started by Bailey Knives, May 4, 2012.

1. Bailey Knives

Bailey Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2004
    I found a few nicholson files in my grandfathers garage after he died. I forged them into a billet of damascus and made a couple of knives... one I kept and one I gave to my brother. This one is mine.

[​IMG]

I also made a san mai dagger that I think I will be taking to the Ohio show with me in October. Time to start planning ahead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jonnymac44

jonnymac44

Sep 27, 2007
    Nice Matt! That little hunter will be very special, so cool that you made it out of Grandpa's files!:thumbup:

3. bobbystoney

bobbystoney

Dec 13, 2010
    Very cool. Always loved the looks of your knives.

4. RyanW

RyanW Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 17, 2009
    What a great way to honor your grandfather! Beautiful work...

5. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Both great looking knives!

I sure would be tickled pink to get a knife made out of my grandpa's files. He had a ton of them, and back then, I had no concept of what could be done with them. If I had, I would have gotten buckets full out of his shop.

I bet he is looking down, and is pleased at the man you are, and the things you can do with your hands!

6. Los Angeles

Los Angeles KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 4, 2009
    Absolutely, every bit of it. :)

7. Carl_First_Timer

Carl_First_Timer

Dec 6, 2010
    Those are some beauties.

8. Bailey Knives

Bailey Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2004
    Thanks everyone...
    Bobbystoney, I still cringe when I see your avatar!

9. jll346

jll346 Knife maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    Two beautiful pieces.

10. White Feather Blades

White Feather Blades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Beautiful work Matt! Looking forward to seeing you again at that show!