1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

CPM154 Nubilus w/redwood burl - $150 (SALE TODAY $135 w-shipping)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Remyrw, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Remyrw

Remyrw

Jun 17, 2010
    .140 thick CPM154 from Aldo, heat treated by Paul Bos to RC61
    7.75" long, 3.9" blade, standard full height double bevels.
    Slightly thicker than my normal handles, using Redwood burl from Mark at Itsaburl/Burlsales.com. Scales are nicely shaped, less flat and narrow than many Nubilus without being thick and bulky.
    Sheath is equipped with a small Tek-Lok and is secure but not super tight, with a click in fit.
    Finish is a very fine scotchbrite for the bevels and bright everywhere else.

This is my first stainless knife using my own blade. I've done a few previously with purchased blades.
    TODAY ONLY SALE - $135 w/domestic shipping ----- $150 including sheath and tek-lok. domestic shipping is $8, international by request.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure what's up with the artifacting on the first one along the edge and lower portion of the tang. Camera issue, not knife.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  2. Rider675

Rider675

Feb 15, 2012
    That's a beauty, looks sharp too.

3. Remyrw

Remyrw

Jun 17, 2010
    It is a bloody razor. well, not bloody, I managed to avoid cutting myself. One of the sharpest knives I've done despite a more normal thickness. I often make my Nubilus come to a very fine edge then sharpen, which results in a great slicer but limited edge impact strength. This one has just a touch more behind the edge but about a 19 degree edge (free hand but used 19 as my guide). It would be easy enough to turn that into any of the popular angles for the sharpening systems if needed.

4. TK Steingass

TK Steingass Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 16, 2010
    Very nicely done!!

5. whateatsrabbits

whateatsrabbits

Nov 24, 2011
    WOW I want that so badly, But I gotta pay rent, DO you make these to order?

6. Remyrw

Remyrw

Jun 17, 2010
    When I can, sure. Obviously with the burl there's always the chance I won't be able to get a similar wood, but usually Mark has something close or equally lovely.

Thank you for the compliments guys. This one is really hard to part with but I have bills to cover too and if I start keeping them....

7. photonjunkie

photonjunkie Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2008
    Remyrw - I'm interested in this one. I've sent you a PM with a question regarding shipping.

8. photonjunkie

photonjunkie Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 2, 2008
    I'll take it! Sending payment...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012