1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

CRK folders without date stamp?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Thin-Slice, May 18, 2017.

1. RyanRaben

RyanRaben Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Nice, I love the Regular. Looks like you got an early one. Nice grab.

2. Thin-Slice

Thin-Slice Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 4, 2016
    Im curious i dont have a computer i havent used one in about 5 years. Just have my phone and ipad. Tried resizing or decreasing quality but phone doesnt have that many options and dont fee like getting a photo app just for that

3. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Tyvm dont have any paperwork so gonna send it in for spa as wel as get a reissued birth card, box and goodies plus maybe replace some screws, washers and such. Previous owner stated that original clip was lost/damaged or something so he got a new one from CRK. For me doesnt matter i much prefer the new clips and new thumb studs as this one has sharp corners.

I have noticed something i like very much and that is the blade tang has a groove that wraps around the stop pin rather than the new CRK with flats on tang. I would have loved if the bullnose on the blade had a swedge like an LDC as its not only more pleasing to the eye but also more functional stabbing/slicing my daily fruits i ingest.

4. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Make the files individual and use the link imgur gives you for BBcode..that works for me. I don't upload pics here if I can help it..Just use the imgur host and post the code here.

RyanRaben likes this.
  5. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Let me give it a shot

6. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    [​IMG]

RyanRaben likes this.
  8. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    That would make a good avatar! ;) :p :) :D

RyanRaben and bhyde like this.
  9. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    If you copy the image address, you need to encapsulate it in the image tags like this;

{IMG}URL{/IMG}

Use this^, but change the "{" and "}" to "[" and "]"

10. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Ok i must be doing something wrong been a while since ive played with BB code. Went to imgur.com

-clicked linked BB
    -pasted here didnt work

Then
    -copied url link clicked on image icon in a reply and pasted url that didnt work.

Edit: lol this is gonna drive me crazy when i copy the BB link I see that it adds a few extra characters like %5D or %5B and such in between. Just weird

Edit:2 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

12. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    IMG_0877.PNG IMG_0878.PNG IMG_0879.PNG IMG_0880.PNG

13. bhyde

Mar 19, 2002
    The problem is that albums are handled differently
    You can right click on the picture and "copy image address"
    Then encapsulate it as I outlined above and obviously, how Thin-Slice did.

14. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Give me a minute to try a few things.

[​IMG]
    Actually i uploaded those files here to show but didnt want to use that bc of size limits. Just gotta keep trying i think my ipad is copying some extra characters lol. Will find it soon enough.

[​IMG]

15. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    IMG_0882.PNG IMG_0883.PNG Aha finally got it. U were right had to be in individual pic not album abd copying BBcode directly would work but have a second question to show you as to why it happens.

some kind of an issue with copying and pasting please look. First picture is the correct code to paste here and rhe pic would show correctly like you mentioned but look what characters paste when i do. If u look closely u will see %5D and such like those 3 specific characters replacing the [ or ]

16. Thin-Slice

Jul 4, 2016
    Basically
    %5D equals this character ]

%5B
    equals this character [

Edit: its either because im using ipad/safari or come coding issue. Maybe should try it on chrome.

EDIT: was able to copy and paste the codes but those 3 characters still apear tried tru google chrome but same thing must be cuz its an ipad maybe.

Last edited: May 19, 2017