1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Custom JK and Noah sheath passaround reviews/pics

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by myright, Aug 18, 2010.

1. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    Alright fellas - as a way of saying I'm sorry :eek: for flaking on the passaround before and to also let all of you enjoy the work by JK Knives and Noah, I want to start a passaround of my own. I got John to give me the ok to post this here. :thumbup:

I had John make this for me some time ago. It originally had wooden handles on it but John rehandled it for me with Green Micarta. I also had Noah hook me up with a right handed pocket sheath that I absolutely LOVE. The combo is my work horse around the house and in the yard. I want to share my appreciation of these two artists with all of you. I know both of these items can stand up to anything so I have no worries that I will get the knife and sheath back with plenty of life left on them.

This passaround is open to all members with a decent post count. I'm not going to limit it to gold memberships but I also don't want someone that only has 3 posts. I reserve the right to refuse but I probably won't :D This will be open to the first 10 people that say they want to be a part of it. I figure a week or so with the knife is the best and I walso want people that are willing to post a review and pics of their review.

If you are intersted please post in this thread. Once I have the list I will publish the list then ask that you email me your info. The last person will ship back to me.

Here are some pics of the set up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    I would love to be in if you'd have me.

3. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    Consider yourself #1 on the list.

4. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    Cool! Thanks Bud, looking forward to some playtime with another JK!

5. ms3902

ms3902

Jul 8, 2007
    Count me in please. Looks like a great combination.

6. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Hi myright -

I would be honored to be allowed into the passaround!

I have never tried a JK Wharncliffe or sheepsfoot blade, nor have I seen Noah's pocket-clip work.

Thanks for offering the passaround!

best regards -

mqqn

7. veubent

veubent

Apr 26, 2009
    This should be fun, Im in

Mike

8. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    We've got our first four - here's the start of the list.

outdoorsfan
    ms3902
    mqqn
    veubent

9. robot37

robot37

Jan 12, 2010
    I would so love to be on this passaround!

Please count me in.

Thanks,

-nate

10. NoahL

NoahL

Feb 28, 2009
    Can you imagine my surprise when I was browsing the forums on my Blackberry and all of a sudden I see that I'm involved in a passaround? I couldn't see who posted it on my screen until I opened it so at first I was thinking "What? John! You're supposed to tell me these things!" and then I felt dumb because I opened it and it's something I already made :p

I won't participate in the passaround (that would be silly, since I made the sheath, after all) but I'll keep an eye on it ;)

11. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    Id like in if I can

12. machine26

machine26

Sep 3, 2009
    Id like to get in on this passaround as well if possible. I'll go towards the end of the line. Would like to see how it does skinning critters.

13. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    You're welcome to get in on it, bro. I know you didn't get a chance to play around with the knife while making the sheath :)

BTW - i love the sheath. One of my biggest pet peeves with sheaths is the ability or inability to resheath the knife without having to look down and even use two hands. This sheath is just a natural fit for the knifne and my pocket.

Here's the latest list:

outdoorsfan
    ms3902
    mqqn
    veubent
    robot37
    caine
    machine26

14. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner

Jan 21, 2010
    Hey myright I would like in on this. I have three fixed blade EDCs and would love to see Noahs work before I get him to make me one for my pocketmuk. I would do a comparison with my Billy Helton, Bill Akers and Mark Wohlend. All of which I have had make a pocket sheath for me on my blades. Long story short (longly :)) Put me on the list if you want I would love to review all three of them together.

15. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    I'm going to watch this with interest. I have plenty of John's knives and Noah's sheaths, so enjoy guys! Excellent products.

16. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    You are in, my friend. I can't wait to see the comparisons.

outdoorsfan
    ms3902
    mqqn
    veubent
    robot37
    caine
    machine26
    Ridge-Runner

17. markisharp

markisharp

Jul 24, 2010
    I know Im new to the forum, but I've talked to John for a while now and he has a knife hes making me hostage until its done so I would love to be part of this! Edit: As a plus, ones the knife gets to me (if I get on the list) I should have my Scandi Bushmaster and can do a double review!!!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  18. C Bryant

C Bryant Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2008
    If there are still spots available, I wood love to join in.

19. myright

myright

Jan 31, 2008
    It looks like you've done some business with John already so I'll include you. I'll send it to you first.

Here's the list fellas - this one is closed. Please PM or email your shipping information.

markisharp
    outdoorsfan
    ms3902
    mqqn
    veubent
    robot37
    caine
    machine26
    Ridge-Runner
    C Bryant

20. markisharp

markisharp

Jul 24, 2010

Im so sorry! I didnt even read this part. I just saw John and Noah's amazing work and started to drool! In the spirits of not making a man worry for his knife I will respectfully back out and allow a more senior member of the forum take my spot. And please not only will I know this makes you feel better, I will as well. I don't like people having to worry about things if I can help it so its fine!

Cant wait to see the reviews on this one! And I'll be sure to get ya'll more familiar with me so next time a passaround comes up you'll feel like ya know me.

Myright, thanks again brother. But hey can you tell us what kinda chores you put this little beauty through on a normal day? Maybe the guys can switch it up a bit for ya.