Custom JK and Noah sheath passaround reviews/pics

Im so sorry! I didnt even read this part. I just saw John and Noah's amazing work and started to drool! In the spirits of not making a man worry for his knife I will respectfully back out and allow a more senior member of the forum take my spot. And please not only will I know this makes you feel better, I will as well. I don't like people having to worry about things if I can help it so its fine!

Cant wait to see the reviews on this one! And I'll be sure to get ya'll more familiar with me so next time a passaround comes up you'll feel like ya know me.

Myright, thanks again brother. But hey can you tell us what kinda chores you put this little beauty through on a normal day? Maybe the guys can switch it up a bit for ya.

It's fine, man - I'm all for welcoming new members. I see that you have done business with John so i'm willing to keep you in.

BTW - I guess it would help if I gave out my email:

chargernet @ verizon.net

Hey fellas. I'll compile the names and addresses I have tonight and put together a list and schedule. Thanks!!

Alright - i've got info for just about everyone. I'm missing the three below that are in bold. The order for shipping is below. I will get this knife in the mail on Wednesday to outdoorsfan and will also start a new thread for you guys to post in. As far as sharpening - you guys do the best you can before you ship it on to the next guy. Ridge-Runner, i'm trying to time this so you have time with it. Don't sweat it if you have to let it sit at your house for a few days before you are able to get to it.

I'm also going to ship the sheath that John made for the knife along with the Wastleand sheath by Noah.

It would be cool if you guys could ship this from one another with at least $100 insurance.

outdoorsfan
C Bryant
Ridge-Runner
machine26
markisharp
mqqn
ms3902
veubent
robot37

on hold
caine

Last edited:
take me off the list. I might be leaving on the 9th for two months

Sorry to hear it bro. Let me know if you don't leave and I'd be happy to add you back on. Stay safe, wherever it is you go.

Just got a package from the postman. Curious about the "extra" sheath, what is the second slot for?

Just a little preview of myright's passaround knife. I told him that I know it's a sin to covet your neighbor's wife but I hope that doesn't also apply to your neighbor's knife or I am in trouble!

DSC03691.jpg

DSC03717.jpg

Right on - glad to see it getting used! How'd she make out in the get together?

Caine - you more than welcome to get back in.

Right on - glad to see it getting used! How'd she make out in the get together?

She'll be on display this Saturday, going home with mqqn.....I used her today to assist with some work around the house, really lovin this blade!

Right on - good to hear!

Have fun with it fellas. I'm missing her but it's worth it to see her get some use.

Hi Guys -

I have the wharnie - it is very sharp, I played around slicing up a catalog when I had it at the table taking measurements and weights etc.

I will do some work with it this week - then I will send it on Friday, as I will be leaving on a trip this weekend.

My initial impression is that this is a very handy little knife. The handle is hand filling while not being too thick or long. The canvas micarta is nice and grippy, and the fit and finish are typical JK excellence.

I will do a separate review and post.

ms3902 - please email me your address and I will get a box ready to ship so I can expedite the shipping on Friday.

Thanks and best regards -

mqqn

Glad to hear you are enjoying it. I hope the get together went well.

If you need an address just let me know and I'll shoot it over to you.

Hi folks -

I have been using the Wharnie while getting ready for my ride to Maine - and it has performed flawlessly as I have come to expect from Stompers wares.

I put it to use cutting tape, a little drywall, did some wood whittling, and I cut some slices of a homemade beef log.

I really love the sheath that Noah made for this knife. The sheath works very well as a back pocket sheath, and the clip holds it in place securely. I could really get used to sheaths like this for smaller EDC style knives. Noah's leather work continues to impress - I highly recommend him to make pants for your JKs - not to say that Stompers leather work is lacking (it is not!).

I enjoyed my short time with the knife, and would love to keep it longer, but I don't want it to languish at my house while I am on vacation.

The dimensions of the knife and sheath are as follows:

Weight - knife -134.5gr / 4.7oz
sheath - 86gr / 3.0oz

Handle length - 102.7mm / 4.0in
width at butt - 22.12mm / .8in
at blade - 14.6mm / .6in

Blade - thickness - 3.0mm / .121in
height - 28.3mm / 1.1in
length - 77.6mm / 3.0in

Pictures:

DSC_4644.JPG

DSC_4643.JPG

DSC_4638.JPG

DSC_4634.JPG

DSC_4632.JPG

Here is a picture with a JK Kephart and RWC for size comparison.

DSC_4631.JPG

outdoorsfan provided the knive with a razor edge, and it still shaves so I will not do anything to touch it up before sending it on to Mat.

Thanks to myright for allowing me to use his fine blade for the passaround, and I will put up reviews a few places when I get a chance.

best regards -

mqqn

Great pics and great review. I too had used it to cut drywall and it did very, very well for me. I'm glad you enjoyed using it.

I agree - that sheath is awesome. I use it in my right front pocket.

I'm a HUGE fan of those hollow pins - i think they really set that thing off.

Back