1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

custom kydex sheaths bk series

Discussion in 'For Sale: Gadgets & Gear' started by 710, May 19, 2012.

1. 710

710 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 19, 2012
    hi, i am offering my services of custom kydex sheaths for all the becker bk series knives "becker bk2, bk3, bk4, bk5, bk7, bk9, kbbk15,
    kbbk16, kbbk17" below are some examples.
    becker bk 5 leather sheath.jpg 2012_05_31_08_42_10.jpg 2012_05_31_11_29_37.jpg 2012_05_31_11_30_28.jpg IMAG0149.jpg

here is a link for my site www.the710customsheaths.com

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. wasatchdan

wasatchdan

Jan 6, 2007
    Those look pretty good.

3. orangish ducktape

orangish ducktape

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice, looks like you like rivets...because you use a lot of them, but that is a good thing so that there are more attaching points.

-orangish ducktape

4. abrasion

abrasion Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I've only bought from Al and Godspeed in my pathetic knife life and honestly I couldn't be happier with them. That being said there's always room for more kydex benders out there and your prices are pretty good. Kind of thinking of a taco BK2...

5. 710

710 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 19, 2012
    Abrasion, let me know or order thru my site. I use eyelits not rivets but ya I do use alot, spaced out 3/4 inches apart. I figured you can set up any type of attachments. I make some leather straps with a leather belt loop instead of kydex molded attachments, don't know if you have a Facebook account. I have some pictures of my stuff on there. Facebook.com/The710Shop check it out

6. abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    I checked out your sight earlier liked what I saw. I like the idea of a leather belt loop instead of kydex. Is it possible to put one on a taco style?

7. 710

May 19, 2012
    Check it out the belt loop is removable and you can switch it up to a horizontal carry, with this strap and loop system it is very versatile. Shown here is a Bk 7 kydex sheath with leather attachments. Would be the same for a Bk2 or any taco style, a little different for a pancake style. strap 1.jpg strap 2.jpg strap 3.jpg

8. abrasion

Feb 22, 2011
    That's pretty damn nifty!!! Would have never of thought about that on a kydex sheath. That's good stuff man.

9. 710

May 19, 2012
    BTW I make, shape the leather stuff too and use gun gray Chicago screws and snap clips...

10. CamH_16

CamH_16

Feb 5, 2012
    I personally dont like that many rivets and not usually a fan of taco sheaths but yours a cool, keep it up.

11. 710

May 19, 2012
    Thanks Camh_16 I don't use rivets I use eyelits spaced out for molle clips and such...

12. 710

May 19, 2012
    Here is an other example of a machax Becker Bk 4 kydex sheath with leather attachments. MACHAX 1.jpg MACHAX 2.jpg

13. BluesStringer

BluesStringer

May 16, 2006
    Seems like I've seen that somewhere before..... Mini_Wink_by_Momma__G.gif

That one's mine y'all. I'll be doing a review of it in the Becker Forum after it gets here this coming week. Will probably be a week or so later because I'm taking it on a camping trip next week.

Can't speak to the sheath itself yet, but The_710 has been great doing business with. Real quick in replying to questions and I had shipping info very shortly after sending PayPal.

Good luck The_710, hope this works out well for you.

Blues

14. 710

May 19, 2012
    Thanks blues, never had a review, this will be my first. can't wait to read about it!

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  15. BluesStringer

BluesStringer

May 16, 2006
    Hey JD, threw together a "First Impressions" video and posted it in the BK&T Forum. Check it out. More to come after camping trip.

Blues

16. 710

May 19, 2012
    cool thanks for posting, I am very happy you liked it! since it was my first review "even if it was just a first impressions video", my wife, kids"kids were so excited" and I all watched it at the same time. fyi if it's hard to unscrew everything, I used blue lock tight on the chicago screws, was made as a none removable leather system attachment but its yours now so you will be able to modify to your own liking. looking forward to your video review. I had to make the sheath with a little room because the way the blade is shaped, I had it tight but it was tough to get out. So I opened it up a bit. The paracord is 10 feet long 550 type III ungutted and the knife lanyard is gutted just for looks. Thank you.

17. 710

May 19, 2012
    just posted in bk and t some example pictures of "the scout leather package"

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  18. 710

May 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  19. 710

May 19, 2012
    PROMO CODES

enter "710" promo code get 20% off entire purchase extended thru the end of July, "$50.00 dollar minimum purchase for the code to work".

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  20. 710

May 19, 2012