1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Custom red alox deluxe tinker

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by Syph007, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Syph007

Syph007

Jul 30, 2010
    I just finished putting this beauty together tonight. Hard anodized dark red scales, cartridge brass liners and a titanium keyring spacer.

I had to grind the lugs on the inline Philips to get it to seat well, but its got nice snap. With all the springs in this one I had to make a compression jig to bend them all in order to get the final scale on. For 2 or 3 layer regular ones I can bend them with my fingers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

2. BigBill5953

BigBill5953

Mar 5, 2012
    That looks amazing! Great job!

3. Blunt Forged Edge

Blunt Forged Edge

May 15, 2012
    Nice job on that!

4. q8ty96

q8ty96

Apr 8, 2012
    great job bro how long did it take you ?

5. Syph007

Syph007

Jul 30, 2010
    This one I've been working on, on and off in the evenings for a couple weeks. The time consuming part was drilling out all the tools and springs to 0.125 inch to accommodate the 1/8 inch pivots I used.

6. OzarkCreekWalker

OzarkCreekWalker

Jul 25, 2011
    Red alox? Brass liners? Small blade? Marry me?

But seriously, that looks awesome

7. bushidomosquito

bushidomosquito

Oct 2, 2008
    Sweet! I'm glad those brass liners are so popular with the red. Helps to stretch the titanium ones we had cut even further.

8. Morrow

Morrow Don't make this weird Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 11, 2007
    Impressive.