1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Custom Vantage 345 with Natural Ironwood Scales

Discussion in 'JAG Custom Knives' started by JAGcustomknives, Jul 11, 2012.

1. JAGcustomknives

JAGcustomknives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 31, 2010
    Here's a knife that I had a set of scales picked for months ago, but have been too busy with the BCCI project to get to. There is some down time for the last batch of the knives as waiting on parts.
    The Carbon Fiber Vantage I've done was much easier! The Ironwood was not nearly as easy to countersink, groove and sand. I'm actually surprised it worked out so well, no mill ,and using a drill press for the countersinking was the most difficult part. Lots of drill, assemble, disassemble, drill again repeat. Still some hand sanding and final polishing to complete. It will likely be finished this week and have some more pictures to share.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Another one :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These are both SOLD :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  3. JAGcustomknives

Aug 31, 2010
    Grand at Snake River is going to make me a Damascus blade or two for these