• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

DailyEDC?

snwbrdr202

Gold Member
Has anyone here dealt with Jeff before in the past? Sent him a payment 2 weeks ago for a knife and haven't heard a peep from him since despite multiple PMs/emails...

Yup, he did this before but came through. I wouldn't deal with him though. He's only here to buy and sell. I wonder what his excuse will be this time. Seems the starting of the last thread got things moving so hopefully this one will as well, but that is not a good MO.

Great post from Rev about the situation. The ETA is especially pertinent: http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/does-anybody-know-dailyedc.1451467/page-3#post-16990233

ETA: Peter beat me to it!

So, this makes 2 times I am going to have to address the same person and potential issue. How difficult is it really to read the link to the rules that pops up on every Exchange page header? Then actually follow through? If people cannot or will not follow the rules, they can find somewhere else to hang out and peddle their wares and their BS. Personally, I'm getting sick of seeing this wave of pointless behavior coming back.

ETA - I sent DailyEDC a message on his profile with a link. NOt sure what these delays are all about, but I hope the reason is worth the hits to the reputation.

Last edited:
Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I paid DailyEDC for a knife. Have not heard back from him since last week Wednesday when he promised to ship next day with tracking. No knife and no communication. I was foolish enough to have paid PayPal f+f so I have no recourse. I have learned my lesson.

Just curious here Mark.....but why did you pay with F&F???
We all know that should NEVER happen, I'm sure you know this.....member since '07. What made you decide to pay using FF??
Joe

Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since I paid DailyEDC for a knife. Have not heard back from him since last week Wednesday when he promised to ship next day with tracking. No knife and no communication. I was foolish enough to have paid PayPal f+f so I have no recourse. I have learned my lesson.

^ After our PM exchange a couple of days ago, I think we both saw this coming, Mark. :(

He also had another disappearing act in this thread:

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...-pieces-all-perfection.1523876/#post-17498030

I had exchanged several PM's with DailyEDC over a 2 day period, regarding one of his Medford Praetorian's that he had for sale...then he went silent. FWIW: I reported his thread & warned a couple of other member's, not for his disappearing act, but because of his bizarre payment terms: v

"***First to place a comment and make payment - CLICK HERE ***
If there isn't a comment regarding the knife, the knife is available and you can pay. If there is a comment, it's already spoken for. If two people pay at the same time, I simply refund the payment immediately."

Also noted: RevDevil sent this guy a Visitor's Message awhile back, warning him that he needed to get his act together.

If it's any consolation, I purchased (PayPal Goods) an amazing custom fixed blade from Daily EDC about a month ago, & our transaction was perfect!

Personally, I think DailyEDC will show up and take care of everything, regardless, this doesn't excuse this type of unprofessional behavior on the sales exchange.

Good luck, Mark! :thumbsup:

He has this same random pattern on other forums as well. He has many transactions that went well then he just goes missing on a few-always some excuse.
I don't have an ignore list, but I have passed on a few of his sales due to these problems-just don't need the headache.
From what I have seen- He doesn't seem to be dishonest just extremely sloppy in conduction his transactions.

Last edited:
I hate that I keep seeing these threads ... and I know alot could be avoided with some common sense ... but I hate it because I've been going through my collection and am down sizing patrially due to an upcoming move and partially due to having several duplicates that will never get used as the orginals just keep marching on ... and then there are the small batch of knives that I just couldn't warm up to ... so I will be wanting to sell .

But all the threads with craziness keeps making me take pause and I've held off posting any sales threads ... starting to feel like I need a lawyer to write up a fine print wavier to cover my own arse ... or at minimum be extremely picky on who I will sell to and refuse many others.

And that bothers me that I may have to refuse a sale to a good person just because theres been a run of crazy in sales and trade threads. SMH *

I just hope it gets better. And the mods do great and should be thanked for all they do to help ... they aren't paid to do it ... wish I could buy em all a beer.

Ok end of my rant ...

Last edited:
Just curious here Mark.....but why did you pay with F&F???
We all know that should NEVER happen, I'm sure you know this.....member since '07. What made you decide to pay using FF??
Joe
Joe, I checked the positive feedback the guy had and was going to save a few bucks. Stupid I know. That won't happen again.

Hope this works out for you guys. 2 mods have addressed this with no response.

@DailyEDC

I can see that you have been here and have yet to address this issue.
Let's get this squared away..communication goes a long way.

I believe I follow this guy on Instagram. Same username, I sent him a message over there about this, he’s fairly active there.

ETA: It’s the same guy. He said he’s having computer problems. He’s aware of this thread now and said he’d head over and try to straighten it out.

Last edited:
Computer problems is a very weak excuse since his Instagram has no issues and runs on a smartphone that obviously does not have issues but does have access to the forum same as a computer.

Back