DALIBOR KNIVES SIRIUS! One serious knife!!! My story and pics!

As many of you probably know I am a fan of big overbuilt burly hardcore tactical folders. I have been on a quest for a few years now to find the toughest, most rugged, indestructible knife out there! In these few years I have discovered many honorable knives! You know I am a big fan of Grayman! I still think they make the toughest folders for the money! I have been through Spydies, Benchmades, ZT, George, Strider, Hoback, and many other fantastic knives! Im sure im forgetting a few good ones that I have! Even with all these awesome knives I just knew there had to be a bigger tougher knife out there. And I found it! All the way from Croatia! Dalibor Bergam is now my hero! I picked up one of his custom made Sirius models recently and this knife is just plain sick!! It is crazy how beefy and overbuilt this knife is! Yet it feels great in the hand, very comfortable, carries well in the pocket! Looking at it you d think it wasnt very smooth, quite the contrary! Flips open with its Spydie like hole with ease and locks up tight! The big dug out jimping helps in opening the framelock which again is very smooth! I feel like my journey has found its end. I am now satisfied that Dalibor makes one hell of a tough knife and I need to look no further. Thank you Dalibor my friend!! Im gonna want a few more before you raise your darn prices like all these other hotshot makers that see that green and get greedy! Here are some pics I took. Im not the best photographer sorry but you can see how this beast compares to some familiar faces!! :thumbup:
DSCN0398_zps395a4754.jpg

DSCN0400_zps2e7c7fbb.jpg

DSCN0401_zpsbd116639.jpg

DSCN0404_zps5abb7378.jpg

DSCN0406_zps8a44e693.jpg

DSCN0410_zps1d8558c5.jpg

Congrats!

Can you add info on the spine shot comparison, which is which?

And some specs please... Especially how thin the cutout of the lockbar.

The first spine shot top to bottom is a Hinderer XM 3.5", Sirius, Strider SnG. The second spine shot top to bottom is a Les George VECP, Sirius, Paramilitary 2. For specs I ll see if I can get Dalibor to chime in on here with some numbers for you! But I did take a shot of the lock which you can see is just pure beef!! I love his big jimping also! It fits the knife and it really functions well!!

DSCN0402_zps0455f7c2.jpg

thank you Adam for this review, i'm glad you're liking Sirius ;)

hello Chris,

specs of the knife are:
-blade steel cpm 3v .220" ~ 5.5mm thick
-frames Titanium .190" 5mm thick
-standoffs are also titanium and stop pin/thumb stud
-pivot is .393" ~ 10mm in diameter and its made of 420 ss that is heat treated
-detent ball is ceramic 2mm ~ .078" in diameter

the lock relief is ~1.1mm thick that's about 0.045"

Yeppers! I wasn't making it up!! It is a tank! Yet its not as heavy as it looks!! I ve already placed an order for another one! This time im gonna have him stonewash and give the handle a rough look and have him polish the blade! I think that ll look cool! People need to hit up Dalibor! Im telling you this guys a diamond in the rough just waiting to be discovered and blown up!! I own some nice knives and I can tell you this guys got some freaking talent!!! Im contemplating getting one of his larger Regulas knives as well. Although its 4 inch blade is a tad big for me, I just kinda want one! lol :)
sirius blade shiny.jpg

I may have to check these out awesome blade brother. I still love my Direware(s) own one have two more coming.

dw2.jpg

thanks guys!!!

i gotta say that direware is a sweet knife!!! solo 2 non flipper is the bomb :D

Yea I have a requiem 1 and s90 flipper on the way. After seeing this knife here I'm interested in it. I don't have much knowledge of your stuff Mr. Dalibor could you tell me more about this model i.e. materials thickness length price. Do you take orders? etc. Thank you.

specs of the knife are:
-blade steel cpm 3v .220" ~ 5.5mm thick
-frames Titanium .190" 5mm thick
-standoffs are also titanium and stop pin/thumb stud
-pivot is .393" ~ 10mm in diameter and its made of 420 ss that is heat treated
-detent ball is ceramic 2mm ~ .078" in diameter

this one is 3.5" blade and 4.5" handle

as for price i don't think discussing prices and sales would go too good with the moderating team ;)
so if you're interested just shoot me an email!

The Direware looks nice but I dont care for that blade style. Just wouldn't be practical for me and what I use knives for. Hey Dalibor I better get a cut of each knife you sell from now on! LOL! Or maybe a discount on my next knife! :D I can't wait till Dalibor makes a flipper model too!! And I couldn't imagine a fixed blade from him! It would be a monster!! :thumbup:

I understand its not the easiest our most practical blade shape to use. I'm still getting used to it. I've seen one with a krein regrind the blade looks a lot more like this dalibor blade.

Im liking it more and more each day!! I just got the new Benchmade flipper in the mail. Its a nice knife, think I like the Spyderco Southard flipper better though! But I keep playing with my Sirius!! It just feels so good in your hand!! Its a beast! I feel as if I could chop a tree down with it or cut through a car door!! Might just play around tomorrow during commercials! :D

Im liking it more and more each day!! I just got the new Benchmade flipper in the mail. Its a nice knife, think I like the Spyderco Southard flipper better though! But I keep playing with my Sirius!! It just feels so good in your hand!! Its a beast! I feel as if I could chop a tree down with it or cut through a car door!! Might just play around tomorrow during commercials! :D

Awesome looking knife! Any chance of seeing a photo of it next to a Satu? I would like to see how they compare in blade thickness and width.

Knives like this are not usually my thing but got to say the lines on it look great. Thanks for sharing.

I will get some Satu comparison photos up tomorrow! I cant believe I didnt include a Grayman in my original comparison pics?! Ya ll know I like my Graymans!! I know this thread is about Dalibor's Sirius but if you havent been on Graymans site in awhile check it out! They have some great new reviews and stuff! I know Dalibor likes Grayman too!! Dalibor says his fav knife is an SMF(other than his own). Personally I think his knives would crush a Strider in any kind of comparison or strength test. I think Dalibor should put Made in Croatia on his knives! I dont know of any other knives made there. I do enjoy an Ozujsko every now and then!! Zivjeli! :)

thank you Daniel!!! very kind of you to say that :)

Adam i'm glad you enjoy the occasional ožujsko , if you ever come to Croatia you would fit right in, i can tell :D

Strider makes the absolute best knife as far as i'm concerned...and i'm not talking about ergonomics , grind etc (everyone has a diff opinion on whats best)...i'm talking about the build of the knife!
hope to get to that level one day but i'm pretty sure i'm still not there :)

again thanks everyone for your comments and thank you Adam for posting these awesome pictures!

as for made in Croatia , i don't have the money for another stamp LOL , i'm investing in a milling machine and all the things that go with it..

I went into my vault and got out some Graymans! I found the Sirius to be quite a bit beefier than the Dua. But you re comparing a smaller knife obviously. The Satu however seems to have about the same handle thickness but with a longer blade like Dalibors Regulas at 4 inches. I also shot a couple comparison pics with the Sirius and a ZT 0551 and a Benchmade Adamas which I am a big fan of! Carry it at work quite a bit. Both the Adamas and ZT are pretty close to being as thick as Sirius it seems but Sirius still has that amazing indestructible feeling! If Superman carried a knife it would be one of Dalibors!! :D
DSCN0411_zps88223d1e.jpg

DSCN0412_zps632e13c9.jpg

DSCN0414_zps86682d74.jpg

Now the Benchmade and ZT!
DSCN0418_zps4c53719b.jpg

DSCN0417_zps177abaf1.jpg

Back