1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Dan Leeper 'Urban Combat' with Kydex, tek-lok and glass breaker 52100 steel

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by Dan Leeper, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Dan Leeper

Dan Leeper KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 26, 2013
    [B[/B]Flat ground, forged 52100 ball bearing quality steel with glass breaker and Caswell mat black finish. This knife includes a Dan Leeper custom felt lined kydex sheath with small Tek-Lok and certificate of authenticity. Small tek-lok (included) can be worn vertical or horizontal, right hand or left. Can use optional large tek-lok (not included) for right or left carry. Green Canvas micarta handle material with stainless pins. I'm a graduate of the Ed Fowler school of high performance knives. I heat treat 52100 the Ed Fowler way! First I'll take it, gets it. PM or PayPal to [email protected]
    OAL 9-1/2", Blade length 4-5/8". $240 Plus $10 shipping to USA. International shipping for actual cost.

Urban combat with kydex 020.jpg Urban combat with kydex 004.jpg Urban combat with kydex 005.jpg Urban combat with kydex 006.jpg Urban combat with kydex 017.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  2. BOBO

BOBO Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2005
    That is a great looking design, especially the grip. What thickness is the blade stock, and what's the width of the blade? Thank you.

3. Dan Leeper

Dan Leeper KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 26, 2013
    This knife was forged on a little giant power hammer from 1/4" stock and finished on the anvil prior to grinding. The blade thickness in front of the handle is .145, the width from spine to edge at the widest part is 1-1/38". The tang and spine where not hardened. Except for the point and the glass breaker which are Rc 61-62. This was designed as a slicer, not a chopper. However, 52100 is tough when differentially heat treated like this blade was.