Dave Lisch Fighting Dragons Bowie

This one I blame on Peter Gill. He's just a bad influence, plain and simple. He had worked closely with Dave on the first Flying Dragon Bowie about a year and a half back, and that knife just struck a chord with me. It struck a chord with a few others as well, as it was a finalist for Best Bowie 2010.

Knowing I'd have zero chance to pry that piece from Peter's clutches, I set about seeing if Dave would make me something similar.

Well, that something similar arrived just before Blade and is happily ensconced in my display case.

orig.jpg

This piece represents an evolution of the Dragon theme, with armies of black and silver dragons locked in aerial combat along the length of the blade. Seriously cool stuff, this. Another evolution is the addition of a long, elegant clip running almost the full length of the spine. It's a feature Dave and I went back and forth on a few times, but I think we made the right call.

orig.jpg

The rest is true to the original - lean profile and sweet amber stag.

Paul Long did what he does, turn out a terrific sheath. And Coop did what he does - give us all a chance st the best look at the knife short of handling it in person.

orig.jpg

This was the first time I have worked with Dave on an order and I have to say I really enjoyed the process immensely. His enthusiasm for his work is infectious, and there isn't a single detail of design and execution that receives anything less than careful consideration. All of which shows in the final result.

Thanks to all.

Roger

Superlative from one end to the other and the “sweet amber stag” is an understatement.

Thanks for sharing it it’s beautiful in detail and execution all the way down to the stud.

Amazing.

Mitch

Roger,

Dave's making some of the neatest damascus around, and the "Dragons" are my favorite of his.

The long clip screams "wicked" and that stag is perfect. What a great job, Dave.

Paul and Coop attend to every detail, as usual.

John

Dave Lisch's damascus is Masterful, undoubtedly.
KILLER stag ! WOW !!
What a piece, Roger, just fantastic and the long clip was the right call.
Paul's sheath is more icing along with Coop's image.
Congrats on a keeper.

Doug

WOW! What a beauty!

GREAT score Roger!

Kind regards,

Jos

Roger

This is truly a stand out piece congrats on a superb package

Dave is making a name for himself as one of if not the best maker of Damascus in the game with his original patterns and excellent work

Congratulations to all! Great knife, great sheath and great pics, you're a lucky man Roger!

Stunning Damascus and execution is just .....Well over the top. Very nice Roger.

Brilliant piece! Wow! Insane damascus, beautiful stag, just a wonderful package all around. Great call on adding that long clip, by the way!

I would like to add that Roger was great to work with I truly enjoyed making this knife for him I do not get as much time as I would like to to make knives as I have iron that needs forging. Roger never once rushed me on this project probably why it took so long but when it was done I felt that we really got it right . Paul Thank you for the nice work on the sheath Jim Thank you for the Killer pics and Roger Thank you for the chance to make another Dragon knife I will say that this is my favorite style of knife to make and thank you all for your kind words

Last edited:
Outstanding craftsmanship across the board!!!! Congrats Roger!

How cool would that pattern be on a Qillion Dagger? I for one think it would be Spectacular!!

Chris

Dave is awesome to work with:D

I personally am a big fan of long slim clips, and this one just fits beautifully with the knife !

The entire "Dragon" Damascus series is exquisite in patterning and execution

Congrats Roger and Dave !!!

Bill Flynn

Congratulation Roger, that is one sweet knife:thumbup:. As Joe stated earlier, Dave is a true innovator in the making of damascus. I get to spend some time with him next week and I'm hoping to gain some of that damascus knowledge while picking his brain. Though I don't want to got to deep in that brain, it might be scary in there:D.

this knife has sick flow! Steel's pretty friggin amazing. In fact, everything about it is killer. You're a fortunate man, Roger.

It's a classic deceptively simple Bowie/Fighter. Except that it has 'buried treasure' everywhere, when you look closely.

That's it's crazy appeal. Right down to the stud/frog.

Both of you guys ought to be proud. Make that three, and include Paul.

Thanks for the props. This deserved the closeups.

Coop

I like what Coop says. It's the kind of knife that just draws you in, to marvel a the details. Dave, you just keep steppin' it up!
Paul.. wow...
And Coop does a great job showing it all..

Nice acquisition Roger. Thanks for sharing.

Peter really did some great things, working with Dave, and it paid dividends for both of them, and that is a win/win.

Roger's knife is a great example of what can come out of an exemplary maker/collector relationship.

We often talk about collectors and makers as if they are two beings from different planets, but ESPECIALLY in the case of collector like Roger who has made some danged spiffy knives himself(I'd like to own one!) this is work that works well.....experienced collector knowing what he wants from the maker, the maker willing and able to deliver, and a high quality product at that. Well done gents!

If you ever sell this one Roger, I call dibs!(I have never re-sold a knife purchased from Peter Gill OR Roger Pinnock, a testament to their flawed approach in selling in the first place, and excellent taste overall.:D)

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

Back