1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

DE success!!

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by gunfixrjoe, Apr 29, 2012.

1. gunfixrjoe

gunfixrjoe

Aug 11, 2011
    So I have been shaving with my new (to me) Merkur 23c. Also, my wife bought me a brand new EJ DE86. So today, I decided to step it up a notch.

Hot shower with a good scrub.
    Shave Secret pre oil
    TGH soap with a dab of Real Shave Co. cream
    EJ DE86 razor
    Derby blade
    re-lather
    second shave with Merkur 23c
    personna blade
    witch hazel splash
    AquaVelva aftershave

Wow what a close shave. Damn my face feels good! This makes my 5th DE shave and I haven't lost a single drop of blood.

2. unky_gumbi

unky_gumbi

Aug 28, 2009
    I am pretty sure that the whole EJ line uses the same head. I started off with a EJ89L, while I can't say I never lost any blood to it. I can say it was a heck of a razor and I that I miss it, I gave it away to a friend that was starting out with DE shaving. I have been eying up the EJ89 barley chrome. I am going to have to order some more blades soon so I may break down and get the razor too just to make it to the free shipping mark.

3. David Martin

David Martin

Apr 7, 2008
    Joe, Glad your enjoying these shaves with the new DE. DM

4. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Good to hear! Has the wife noticed how smooth your face is yet?!

Just remember, faceturbating in public gets some weird looks! :D

-Xander