1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Deals for 5/18 -- Villager M-43, Malla Knife and Great Buys

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, May 18, 2012.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu Moderator Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    HI NEPALI TARWAR BY TIRTHA

Overall lenght--29''
    Weight --43 oz
    Spine thickness --3/8''
    Brass guard,bolster, buttap and tip
    The sisau wood handle gloss in the dark
    Perfect combat Sword at $245 *SOLD*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18 inch 34 ounce villager fit and finish M-43 by Bhakta. Walnut wood handle. All fittings are white meal. Real workhorse khukuri for your collection at $175. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

15 inch 22 ounce villager fit and finish Ang Khola by Bhakta. Walnut wood handle. All fittings are white metal. Field sharp rig at $115. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

19 inch 27 ounce Malla Khukuri by Tirtha. Satisal wood handle. Great investment at $145. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to get any or all
    First come first served
    Have a great weekend!

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  2. Dirtbiker

Dirtbiker Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Damn, I want that M-43... anybody want to buy a couple of my HI blades go I can get this?

3. arbiter

arbiter Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 4, 2011
    That 43 is magnificent.It won't be around for long.The Malla is very nice as well.In fact,everything here today looks excellent-an exceptional lineup.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  4. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Email sent on M43.......I have an addiction.

5. rblade13

rblade13

Mar 13, 2011
    i'll take the Ang Khola

6. saxon

saxon Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 28, 2005
    email sent on the Malla

7. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Was i outsharked??? Nooooooooooo!!!!!!! I need it!!!! :0O

8. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I need that tarwar:)
    ...but I can't afford that tarwar:(

Congrats to the lucky sharks:) I'm hoping Yangdu has an impressing offering for father's day next month. :D

9. Shinook

Shinook

Apr 2, 2012
    Love the walnut handles!

10. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Yea me too. I love the walnut handles. I just got the Bhakta M43 from 5/11 and I was so impressed that I was going to spring for this one also. Its AMAZING, so stay tuned for the review.

11. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Is it me or is that M43 absolutely gorgeous? Maybe it just seems that way to me because someone beat me to it lol. Bhatka is producing some very high quality blades. I cant wait to get another one of his masterpeices.

12. arbiter

Jun 4, 2011
    I agree ATK-That is quite possibly the nicest M-43 I've seen offered.Granted,I have only been on the forum for about a year,but I have seen a number of 43's and none better than this example.

13. bemo

bemo

Oct 19, 2006
    Every time one of these beautiful M43's come up on the DOTD and I miss it (as is usual) I have this mixed feelings of envy/frustration and relief. Frustration as missing out, but relief because I've bought too many knives recently and the checking account hasn't quite recovered. Gorgeous knives and congrats to the successful bidders. Nothing like buying knives with souls. Best Regards everyone!

14. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    Agreed that M-43 is gorgeous, we all would have loved to shark that one !! Congrats to the lucky forumite.

I'll be taking that Tirtha Tarwar - adding it to the 3 Rajkumar Tarwars I have now. Why 4 Tarwars ? Full blown HKIV I'd guess. ;)

15. arbiter

Jun 4, 2011
    The walnut handled M-43 arrived yesterday and is every bit as beautiful and elegant as it appears in the photos. The secondaries in this rig are nothing to boast about, but it really doesn't matter. After a couple of hours of sanding,polishing and sharpening,it is ready for anything that could reasonably be expected of it.This is my 3rd M-43 and joins a neem handled Lokendra and a satisal handled Hari.All 3 are superb examples of the Kamis art.

16. Anttheknee

Anttheknee

Feb 19, 2012
    Im soooooo jealous! Lol. Congrats arbiter it is quite a beauty. Im interested to know if you balance tested it yet.

17. arbiter

Jun 4, 2011
    Thanks ATK! The balance point is .25" closer to the end cap than the blade point,so,almost balanced at the center of the knife.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  18. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    This is my fourth HI Tarwar. It is by far the stoutest, a very solid thick blade, nicely shaped and very sharp from the triangle box. This Tarwar feel very good in the hand, the handle shape works well for me and I feel I can really swing it with confidence. I will post some better pics of the handle, the wood grain is beautiful and it is tapered nicely to fit one or two hands. Excellent work By Tirtha Kami. I must also say the scabbard for this Tarwar is very nicely done. Everything is tight and the fit is spot on. Way to go HI !!
    I put it up in my shop, hopefully it will infect some more people with HKIV.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2012
  19. topgun0728

topgun0728

May 15, 2009
    Or deter any potential robbers. Beautiful tarwar!

20. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    Not much crime here in Boulder, Co. But yeah, anything short of a gun and they would lose badly.