Decent D Guard Tutorial... 14 BIG pics...

Thanks KAAK.....The Busse Slayer.....he's still trying to slay a Busse but he has not come close yet!

started
this is the result
wookie
CIMG2606.jpg

CIMG2607.jpg

wookie

Great thread and tutorial. Let's bump for the sake of usefulness. Does anyone have any other weaves for these?

Great thread and tutorial. Let's bump for the sake of usefulness. Does anyone have any other weaves for these?

I've done mostly a Solomon Bar type braid or weave to make my D-Guards. But unfortunatly i don't have any pics.
But I've got them on 4 or 5 of my Busse's and they work rather well.

I've done mostly a Solomon Bar type braid or weave to make my D-Guards. But unfortunatly i don't have any pics.
But I've got them on 4 or 5 of my Busse's and they work rather well.

That is exactly the one I want to try most. Any good resources for weaving one?

That is exactly the one I want to try most. Any good resources for weaving one?

Yes there is a guy called TiaT, i think on utube. Just google it and it should come up. He does a pretty good job of showing you how to make a solomon bar in different widths.

Awesome guide!

but now when i've put one one the NM FBM, what is it for?

Well it depnds on the size of your hands. You can braid/weave it to be tight to your hand. You know to help keep it from flying out of your hand when chopping. But you could also just run a piece of para cord through the front handle tube fastener hole. Then just add a few twist and hold on.

Great tutorial.:thumbup:

Can't really use it on my Tank Buster, but eventually the Killa Zilla will need one of these.

What a timely thread. I had just purchased some 550 cord for a lanyard and was literally just thinking about doing one of these for my tan/muddy BWM. So with this thread I did one. So easy and really fun to do. Excellent tutorial. Just what the old girl needed. Here's a few pics. Not the greatest quality. I got it for Xmas for myself, and freaking love it so much. I have done all I could to beat the crap out of it, short of breaking concrete. I have been lurking a while now, but this D-guard came out so good had to share. Good luck on the Ganzaaa tonight dudes.

David

IMG_0407.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Back