1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Deep carry pocket clip for 531

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by bdjansen, Jan 10, 2017.

1. bdjansen

bdjansen

Jun 11, 2011
    I was looking at the 531 today but I'd rather have the deep pocket carry clip like the one on the 556-1 that I was also looking at. Is there a deep pocket clip that fits on the 531? Is it the same one that's on the 556-1?

2. -Corey-

-Corey-

May 29, 2015
    Yep, that same clip will fit it. All you have to do is call up Benchmade and they will send you free pocket clips too.

3. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    Just realize by changing to the deep pocket clip it will cause the thumbstuds to catch the edge of your pocket going in and out. This will destroy your pants very fast.
    I went back to the regular BM clip for my 530 and 531 for that reason.

Took me a bit of time to fully realize it was the combo of the deep carry clip and how it changes the way the knife comes out of the pocket.

4. glocker199

glocker199 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 14, 2005
    I've been carrying 530/531 as my office EDC with deep carry clip, 5 days a week, for nearly 5 years and I've never had this issue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp The Looking Edge Sharpening Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 30, 2016
    I actually had that issue with the standard clip and haven't had it with the deep carry. Though, I carry in my back pocket.

Had a 940-2 with the deep clip and hated the ergos so I swapped them between the two. Now both knives are perfect.

As was mentioned, BM will send you one for free. Try it out. If you have an issue, just swap it back.

6. cali

cali

Apr 19, 2004
    Same here, no problems at all. But the thumbstud is not the best one, I would like to replace it with Nakamura one. It should fit.

[​IMG]

7. jkarp_53

jkarp_53 Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2006
    One of the simplest tricks is to give the knife a slight twist when pulling it out of the pocket. Works for me. And another trick was to bring my favorite jeans to a local tailor and have them add another layer of similar material right where the knife slips in and out. The jeans last longer that way.

8. kyhunt

kyhunt

Mar 20, 2007
    Those are nice looking.