Delica HAP40

^ I would've also loved something like Cocobolo or fancier wood, but I gotta tell you that what I've got definitely both looks and feels like proper wood. As for the price, a stabilized engineered wood in something more exotic would've most likely cost more if done by Spyderco and would have definitely cost more if done by a 3rd party craftsman. I'm a happy camper but if you can manage to snag one on the Exchange for $20 or so less later on, hey that's still $20 few than I paid. In the meantime, here's a photo in the wild :)

AT3LnMt.jpg

^ I would've also loved something like Cocobolo or fancier wood, but I gotta tell you that what I've got definitely both looks and feels like proper wood. As for the price, a stabilized engineered wood in something more exotic would've most likely cost more if done by Spyderco and would have definitely cost more if done by a 3rd party craftsman. I'm a happy camper but if you can manage to snag one on the Exchange for $20 or so less later on, hey that's still $20 few than I paid. In the meantime, here's a photo in the wild :)

AT3LnMt.jpg
Have you tried disassembling it yet? Or anyone here who owns this knife? Because my biggest curiosity with this knife is if it's easier to disassemble. If it is I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

Have you tried disassembling it yet? Or anyone here who owns this knife? Because my biggest curiosity with this knife is if it's easier to disassemble. If it is I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

No Sir I have not and frankly I don't had the slightest inclination to disassemble it any time soon.

Delica, Endura or any Spydie lockback is not difficult to re-assemble as long as you know the correct order of steps. I remember the first time I took apart my Delica, before the days of youtube, I spent like an hour trying to get it back together. Man, that knife gave me fits! Now I can disassemble and have it re-assembled in under 5 minutes. The lockbar and lockbar pin/screw are the last thing to assemble on the knife...

Back