1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Does anyone recognize this Vanguard?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Plumberdv, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    I don't think I've ever seen this model of the Vanguard before. It has the camo rubber handle and the blade is stamped Buck/Custom/USA.

Could it be a special projects version for some vendor or the other? The seller mentioned "designers choice" but I don't know if that is stamped on the other side or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ItsTooEarly

ItsTooEarly

Oct 10, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  3. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Thanks Armand, that seems be it alright and you're right about the Buckcote. If you look at the pictures with the zoom feature, you'll see that there's a bevel only on the tang stamp side.

4. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    Its a buckcote model,with advantage camo handle,i've held one before,very nice knife.

5. Plumberdv

Plumberdv

Sep 26, 2008
    Do you know who they were produced for and when?

6. postfallsidaho

postfallsidaho

Oct 11, 2008
    Dave, I had a few of those years back. I emailed Joe about them back then. Before Buck moved to Idaho the Vanguard and Zipper were destined to be Custom Shop models. Once they decided to move, the blades were all offered as build out models with different handles on. Not many of those Ionfusion/Buckcotes were made. A couple hundred IIRC.
    You could find them with the gold, champagne and even purple blades.

7. RAZORBLADES

RAZORBLADES

Aug 14, 2006
    I'm not sure who they were made3 for,i don't recall Cabelas selling them,a fella in camp had one once and i was interested in it because of the buck kote blade.