1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Elysium movie knife?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Doubledee, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Doubledee

Doubledee

Oct 22, 2011
    Has anyone identified the knife that the character Kruger wears on his chest if the first part of the movie? From the pictures I've looked at and what I remember from the movie it looks to have a blocky handle and possibly a tanto blade shape...

2. RemyKaze

RemyKaze Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Looks like one of the Cold Steel tantos. Judging by the sheath.

3. jbob24

jbob24

Sep 23, 2010
    I was gonna guess the cold steel tanto also, but maybe with a modified/custom handle... I love his great sword too :)

4. Doubledee

Doubledee

Oct 22, 2011
    Yea that great sword is awesome too, but I know I can't afford a quality one of those...

5. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    On their Facebook page recently Cold Steel mentioned a couple of characters in Elysium using their products, so it may indeed be the GI Tanto.

6. Egnar T Seinnhoj

Egnar T Seinnhoj

Jan 13, 2013
    Didn't look like the GI Tanto to me, looked more like the Recon Tanto. Could also be the Leatherneck with a modified handle.

7. 23698012

Jul 7, 2011
    I may be crazy but to me it looked like a bk-5 with custom handle and sheath

8. Doubledee

Doubledee

Oct 22, 2011
    I spent about an hour looking for a good picture of it and its rather hard to find a good one.... When I was in the theater it looked like a modified bk5 to me as well I just don't know... The search continues....

9. retzius

retzius

Sep 17, 2009
    I think in the Cold Steel forum they indicate it is a modified Recon Tanto.

10. Bailey Gleason

Bailey Gleason

Oct 30, 2012
    Appears to be a cold steel Leatherneck Tanto? maybe Recon Tanto not quite sure

11. killgar

killgar

Sep 24, 2002
    There is a very good pic of the scabbard/sheath on Krugers chest on IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base). The sheath is obviously a factory one and is obviously for a tanto. I imagine the prop department modified the knifes handle to get a certain look.

12. heavyfoldersarebest

heavyfoldersarebest

Nov 8, 2012
    Sounds like I need to watch this movie!

13. Bailey Gleason

Bailey Gleason

Oct 30, 2012
  14. Jaytaylor

Jaytaylor

Feb 9, 2012
    Was the movie any good? worth watching?

15. GIRLYmann

GIRLYmann

Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  16. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    I saw a pic of the guy from District 9 (also a good movie if you haven't seen it) with an empty CS Recon Tanto sheath on his body armor. No knife was inserted. If this movie is anything like District 9 (same director) it's probably going to be pretty good.

17. Bailey Gleason

Bailey Gleason

Oct 30, 2012

Just went and saw it a few days ago, Definitively worth watching! :thumbup:

18. 99cuts

99cuts

Apr 18, 2013
  19. Doubledee

Doubledee

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm fairly certain that its a CS recon tanto with a modified handle... I pulled up the pics of the different sheaths that CS makes for their various tantos and it seems to be the best match... The handle mods are completely custom I think.... It's a good movie I won't see it I. The theater more than once but ill buy it when it hits the street...

20. weinerd

weinerd

Feb 12, 2011
    It's definitely a recon tanto sheath that's been modified at the opening... I would assume that the knife itself would be a modified recon tanto to fit the sheath properly