Ever have something just disappear or vanish?

Have you ever put something in your safe or in a place where you know where it is at and then when you go to get it it's gone? And I'm talking about a safe or place that only you have access to.

You know it's in there. You've seen it hundreds or even thousands of times. Everytime you go into your safe or into that place there it lays, never leaving it's spot.

Then the time comes when you do need/want it and it's gone. No one has been in there but you and you know you didn't take it.

:(

eta: what disappeared is Busse related.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nevermind, I found it. :D

Last edited:
Sit sown, relax. Try to remember basic colors, shapes, smells of the last time you were in your safe. Think of what objects might have been next to the busse related item. If only you have access to the safe then you more than likely moved it and dont remember. Try the above mentioned, it will come to you.

Old school mean street with radiused plunge line, close 3 bolt pattern and Xaman leather sheath. Been MIA since February.

I saw an airplane disappear on tv. Heard it was smokea and mirrors. In all seriousness, I hope you find it.

I put a bunch of dollars into a very safe place... the bank.

I did this shortly before i purchased my first busse. It was strange, like the world faded to a gray color for weeks at a time. Visions of pictures and words of sage and black of canvas and paper and ... well, when i woke up, many of those dollars had vanished from that very bank, from my safe, pocket, everywhere... they were gone, just vanished.

Just don't know where they could have gone...

:D

Maybe it was the sock gnomes.

I live in a damn black hole, I loose stuff all the time.

Then I remember it's those sock stealing elves who take everything from socks, to money, sheaths, ammo.

Little annoying bastards.

"Ever have something just disappear or vanish?" Yeah my nutz after I got married.:eek::eek:

My youth and my health. :(

Pretty much everything else, I can find......eventually.

lol I lost a esee 4 for almost 6 months. my wife txt'd me earlier today and my daughter found it behind a book case in the living room. wtf? Last place I saw it was the kitchen counter lol.

I lost $10,000 cash once.

I put it in a "safe place". But did not remember even doing that!

It was in a foreign country. The my roomates and I moved the furniture. Rolled back the carpet in the entire room, laid the money out and put it all back. 4 of us........took us a week to remember where we hid it!!!!!

I lost $10,000 cash once.

I put it in a "safe place". But did not remember even doing that!

It was in a foreign country. The my roomates and I moved the furniture. Rolled back the carpet in the entire room, laid the money out and put it all back. 4 of us........took us a week to remember where we hid it!!!!!

Does this concern anyone else?

Does this concern anyone else?

Sure as heck concerned me at the time (back in 1998). It was not my money, and I would have had to pay every penny back if I had lost it!!!!!! It was the rent for the apartments of about 12 people if I remember correctly. I had to go to a few cities and pay the rent.

No such thing as atm's, money transfers, or sending money electronically, let alone writing a check.

Last edited:
I can't find my American Butaniku :eek:

Actually I did lose my dogfather but I think it was stolen by property maintenance at an apartment I used to have.

eta: the only safe place in my house is in the gun safe. I've actually thought about mounting the TV remote to the ceiling. Now any time I can't find something the only thing I can say is I knew better.

if it has calories the dogs will get it. anything else, the kids will move it, put it in the sink, in the toilet, under a bed, build something with it....

Last edited:
I thought my story was bad. That $10K one has mine beat.

As stated earlier I found what I was looking for. :thumbup:

What I had lost was a new/unused pair of Busse Snakeskin micarta 1911 grips. :eek:

Unfortunately I have put them up for sale :(

I bought them new when they were released and they have just been sitting in the same spot in my safe since I got them. I went to get them to take some pics and they weren't there. After emptying my safe I found them in a box of treasures on the upper shelf.

Last edited:
Back