1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Eversharp Hydro-magic?

Discussion in 'Razors, Scissors, & Personal Grooming' started by shootist16, Sep 4, 2012.

1. shootist16

shootist16 knife law moderator Moderator

Dec 25, 1998
    I went to the barbershop today. I was telling the barber that I recently started shaving with a safety razor. He opened the drawer and handed me a razor that is gold with plastic ribbed black handles. It says "Eversharp Hydro-magic" on it. He suggested I use something like that to shave with. I asked him where I would find one. He put a new blade in it and said you can have it. What can you guys tell me about it?

2. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Made between 1954-1958. Eversharp purchased an interest in Schick in 1946 and began labeling things as such. It uses the standard aluminum injector cartridge. Good shavers.

-Xander

3. shootist16

Dec 25, 1998
    That is awesome. I can't believe he just gave it to me. I can't wait to use it.

4. shootist16

Dec 25, 1998
    Double tap

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  5. unky_gumbi

unky_gumbi

Aug 28, 2009
    I have had a few razors just given to me, those are the ones that I will never sell or give away because I cherish them too much.

6. fast14riot

fast14riot Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Same here, or if I do get rid of them I will not take any money for them. I have given a few away with the premise that they must always be gifted for free.

-Xander

7. TriviaMonster

TriviaMonster

Jan 2, 2012
    I still haven't tried an injector type razor yet. Sounds like a pretty good score shootist! Post after you have taken it for a test drive.