1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Everyday Fixed Blade Carry?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Wildone39, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Wildone39

Wildone39

Dec 17, 2007
    I carry a Rat3 everyday on my side. I never get any bad looks or anything other, than sometimes i get a little picked on about it, but mostly guys wanna look at it and admire it. How many of you carry one everywhere like me and what do u carry?

2. fujita yuji

fujita yuji

Jul 12, 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This one for me.

I have some folders but this one absolutely is the sharpest of all.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2008
  3. ziptrickhead

ziptrickhead

Sep 1, 2004
    I use to carry a Becker Necker. Then when I got a RAT3 I carried that instead. Now I'm carrying a Boker Edit on the belt. I figure when I get a Dozier that'll end up being EDC too...

4. archieblue

archieblue Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2001
    I prefer a FB when using a knife, but I rarely carry one. I have owned a bunch, and the one I carried the most was Strider SA. I carried it pretty much every day. I een wore it to work when I worked for the TX Gubment admin. Some did think it was dorky, but more thought is was cool. Because I am gentlemanly and composed, my boss and a few others actually said it made them feel safer when I was around. I did have one custom thatt was just toooo beautiful to carry.. a BM Nimravus cub... tooo thick grind... but the last one that I had, which I KNOW I'll miss was my SWKW Warden. Soooo light, and that SR101 steel is the best. I had a 4" SWKW Hairy Carry that was just too big for EDC & thicker stock than I like, so I sold it. Like I said, I do prefer the USE of a fixed blade, but I just hate having a bunch of stuff on my person... because a folding knife's handle is it's sheath, it cuts down on the stuff, & generally the weight, I have to carry. That being said, my next purchase will be a RAT RC-3 or SWKW 3" Hairy Carry... I don't like the sheath that the RC-# comes with though. I like kydex that is folded and grommeted on one side only. Sheathmaking with kdex is purdy simple though. I made a kydex sheath for my Nimravus that I liked a LOT better than the one it came with. I'm also considering one of the Blind Horse models..

5. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I've got a small fixed blade custom by Sean Kendrick on me today, and a folder in my pocket.

I've got a Busse Game Warden on its way to me that I plan to carry every day. I figure that's about the perfect EDC fixed blade for general purpose, ie, non threatening, etc etc

6. jlfletcher83

jlfletcher83

Dec 22, 2006
    Right now I have a Koster bushcraft in a pocket sheath. Very handy and a comfortable way to carry.

7. Bushman5

Bushman5

Oct 31, 2007
    my EDC fixed blade rotation:

- EMERSON P.U.K.
    - Pat Randal green micarta (Custom)
    - Tito TAC EDC (Custom)
    - GL Drew $65 blade (Custom)
    - Kabar WartHog
    - LILE bushcraft hunter (Custom)

there is probably somei have missed....

8. Alberta Ed

Alberta Ed

Jun 29, 1999
    Dozier K1:D.

9. Ravaillac

Ravaillac

Feb 14, 2005
    Nice, who's the maker?

10. jvan

jvan

Apr 19, 2006
    Bark River Woodland.

11. StretchNM

StretchNM

Dec 7, 2006
    I'm on leave laying tile at home, so this past week I've been carrying an EnZo O-1 Trapper in green canvas micarta.

When I'm working, my usual rotation is the EnZo Trapper, a Barkie mini-Northstar, and a Barkie mini-Canadian. There are several others that get thrown into rotation depending on my mood. Of course, every day, rain or shine, there is a BM 210TK around my neck and a BM mini-Squeemish in my waistband. :thumbup:

12. Gunfucius

Gunfucius

Jul 19, 2006
    It's been my Case clip point Hunter since the beginning of July. It has a 4 inch blade and orange G10 handle scales.

When I get a RAT RC-4, I'll probably carry that instead.

13. bladefoolish

bladefoolish

Mar 26, 2004
    I work in a job where it's impractical for me to carry a fixed blade knife every day; however, I usually do on the weekends when it's jeans time. I usually carry either a Benchmade Outbounder or a Nimvarus Cub; sometimes a Bark River E.L.K.

14. CHAINS

CHAINS

Dec 16, 2000
    MOD Razorback.It was smaller than I thought when it showed up(never handled one).It's now my fav FB.Works perfectly in the appendix carry.It is a keeper.

15. mmmotorcycle

mmmotorcycle Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 17, 2006
    I am fairly certain that he made it. :)

Just my Tom krein Woodcarver these days! it is impossible to beat! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I LOVE this knife! :thumbup:

16. Bimmer1

Bimmer1

Sep 30, 2000
    The CRKT and custom version of the Graham stubby razel is a good choice.

17. The_Monkeyboy

The_Monkeyboy

Jun 20, 2008
    It is too much hassle to carry one here in California most og the time. There are too many laws regarding where it is allowed, and where it is a felony. If I am out in the boonies, I'll carry something. I actually like that Mantis Seymore I did a review on a couple of months ago for a decent, inexpensive knife for taking out and playing with. I like either my green river skinning knife or one of my moras for hunting. Aside from that, I'll stick with folders. The laws on those are significantly more liberal here.

-Mb

18. wolfsurvival

wolfsurvival

Oct 2, 2008
    Just started carrying the RC-4 as part of my EDC.. Before that just carried my Vic, Swiss champ & Swiss tool.. Unless I was in the field, in that case it was a Gerber LMF 2 and Ontario KukriĀ….

19. SPXTrader

SPXTrader

Dec 26, 2006
    When I do carry a FB, it's usually Dan Koster's EDC. This one, in fact!

[​IMG]

20. Rotte

Rotte

Aug 30, 2008
    I prefer a fixed blade EDC.

My choices are Dozier Personal, Busse Game warden, and, recently, a Krein TK-4.

I have a Swamp Rat Hairy Carry, as well, but it is a bit big for a low-profile EDC.

I'm looking forward to the Koster EDC. That looks like a winner!