Fairly Knives Chat - For people who like Knives, have Knives or use Knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all. Another day over 100 degrees. Hope we cool off some this week. It's not even August!!!

Thanks BigCountry, I am highly motivated.

IMWILSON, I hear you on the weather, it is probably pushing 100 here today... hot!

I'm just tired of the smoke, the big fire near here is still cranking near me and has burned 23,000 acres now. Any closer and I'm packing stuff...

Taking pics today!

DfLo1913, I'm taking note of that!

Let me know when you are getting ready to work on the machetes. I been looking for an awesome machete for awhile now and can wait. Wonder what your ideas are? Thanks Fairly

Thanks BigCountry, I am highly motivated.

IMWILSON, I hear you on the weather, it is probably pushing 100 here today... hot!

I'm just tired of the smoke, the big fire near here is still cranking near me and has burned 23,000 acres now. Any closer and I'm packing stuff...

Taking pics today!

DfLo1913, I'm taking note of that!
Man I hope that fire stays away from the Fairly Valley!
It sure would be a shame to lose the new shop let alone your home.
Mother nature sure can be a bitch,but I love 'er just the same.

Hi Gang! did you see the new ball bearing detent designed by Jake Hoback? It's brilliant! Jake calls it the HRD. It's on you tube. Check it out!

Checked it,pretty cool.
Ol Jake's really taken off & branched out since moving to TX.

Dang! It's hard to tweak a folder and Jake did it. Nick Rossi and I were taking about an adjustable detent but this design from Jake takes the... pie. :)

Thanks Myke! They have a big board on my road with the daily progress, it is scary to say the least.

Lycosa I checked that out, looks badass! I am a fan of anything Jake makes, his stonewash is the inspiration for mine. It is cool to see any improvement on a folder, that is like making a better wheel.

Daniel you stay safe.We had that fire here that burned 23000 acres here and that was scary being 14 miles away.I would suggest packing a go bag in case you have to evacuate.Prior planning helps keep you from panicking if they do evacuate you. Praying for you and yours brother!

Good Morning guys!

BigCountry that is almost the same exact situation we have here. The fire burned 800 more acres last night, they think it will burn until this winter! Good idea on the bag too, it is good to be prepared.

I have done a lot of clearing around my place for fires but there isn't a lot you can do with it this dry, we need some rain!

Thanks for the great weekend everyone! Lots of sales which is great! Gotta pay the propane bill, that stuff is expensive!

I hear you on the rain Daniel. It's been a couple weeks since we got rain here. What's left of the grass just crunches when you walk on it. It has cooled off a little though. There is a breeze blowing and it's "only" going to be it the 90's today.

Good morning everyone . I got back from camping . The wife and I had a blast . I had a chance to test out some knives.I love to be up in the mountians,I never want to come back on schedule.I always try to convince my wife to call in to work so we can get a few more days.She never goes for it.
Daniel, I am sorry to hear about the fire.I hope for saftey for you and your family. It is good you are doing everything you can to prepare your property. Fate is cruel to people who don't prepare.On a lighter side, the Ti bottle opener knifes are bad ass! I want to get one but I am wondering how much longer till the friction folders are ready.I might have to get one or the other.
How have I never heard of Jake Hoback!!!!??? Thank you guys for leeding me to more awesome knives!!

Good morning everyone . I got back from camping . The wife and I had a blast . I had a chance to test out some knives.I love to be up in the mountians,I never want to come back on schedule.I always try to convince my wife to call in to work so we can get a few more days.She never goes for it.
Daniel, I am sorry to hear about the fire.I hope for saftey for you and your family. It is good you are doing everything you can to prepare your property. Fate is cruel to people who don't prepare.On a lighter side, the Ti bottle opener knifes are bad ass! I want to get one but I am wondering how much longer till the friction folders are ready.I might have to get one or the other.
How have I never heard of Jake Hoback!!!!??? Thank you guys for leeding me to more awesome knives!!

Luckily the fire is in a very remote area, on the other hand that is why they are having a tough time with it... no roads and serious terrain. It looks like I have a campfire in my yard, sometimes you see dense smoke wafting by. I'm on the upwind side too! I'll wish for the best and prepare for the worst.

The friction folders are still a little ways off, I am very close on the final design though. I hope to buy the materials sometime soon and show everyone my plans.

D2 or S7... not sure which yet. I may do a spearpoint, poon and tanto blades.

Ti frames, almost for sure. I like the idea of some .090" Ti frames with possible options of scales.

What do you guys think of a bottle opener end on the tang extension that friction folders have? It would make it a bit longer but more useful.

Mikkel Willumsen makes cool folders too. I hope I can say this, Daniel.
Re: Friction folder- Daniel, will you use the same handle design as your Black fricky for mine?
Make the traditional tang for moi please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back