1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

FAQ - Want to know more about "Stupid Sharp Knives"? Look here!

Discussion in 'Ban Tang's "Stupid Sharp Knives"' started by HikingMano, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    This FAQ should help folks looking to learn a little more about "Stupid Sharp Knives". Information presented here will be updated as necessary.

• What do YOU use your knives for?
    • What is a "Stupid Sharp" knife and how is one made?
    • Fine, so that’s how you make a Stupid Sharp knife. But WHY is it Stupid Sharp?
    • What steels do you like to work with and use? Why?
    • General Heat Treat info?
    • Why do you like putting chisel grinds on your knives?
    • Titanium knives with carbidized edge: What are they, why are you making them, and how are they made?
    • What are your preferred handle materials, and what design considerations go into your handles?
    • What are my sheathing options?
    • How do you sharpen a Stupid Sharp knife? How do I maintain my steel or carbidized Ti BT knives?
    • What are your standard models and pricing info for each?
    • Do you have a gallery where I can see examples of your work?
    • Do you have a website? What’s the best way to contact you?
    • What’s your current lead-time?
    • Do you think you might ever start doing small batch orders? If so, when and where should we look for a signup list?
    • Are you really not doing Busse mods anymore? Whom do you recommend I contact for mod work?

• What do YOU use your knives for?

• What is a "Stupid Sharp" knife and how is one made?

• Fine, so that’s how you make a Stupid Sharp knife. But WHY is it Stupid Sharp?

• What steels do you like to work with and use? Why?

• General Heat Treat info?

• Why do you like putting chisel grinds on your knives?

• Titanium knives with carbidized edge: What are they, why are you making them, and how are they made?

continued in next post.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    • What are your preferred handle materials, and what design considerations go into your handles?

• What are my sheathing options?

• How do you sharpen a Stupid Sharp knife? How do I maintain my steel or carbidized Ti BT knives?

• What are your standard models and pricing info for each?

• Do you have a gallery where I can see examples of your work?

• Do you have a website? What’s the best way to contact you?

• What’s your current lead-time?

• Do you think you might ever start doing small batch orders? If so, when and where should we look for a signup list?

• Are you really not doing Busse mods anymore? Whom do you recommend I contact for mod work?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.