1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Ffg bk17 passaround! UPDATE!! New knife made to continue passaround!

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by K9-Handler, Jul 15, 2012.

1. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    UPDATE: START AT POST #64 FOR NEWS!

It's been a while since I've seen a passaround here in BeckerWorld, so I thought I'd revive the tradition.

I just came up with this baby, and it is slightly different from any other -17 around, so I'm willing to let folks fondle my child (no Penn State jokes here). Basically, this knife started life as a BK16, and with some cosmetic surgery changed it's identity [original post: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/973060-HYBRID!-Meet-the-FFG-BK17! ]. Shipped scales may be different than shown in this photo.

[​IMG]

There are Bladeforum rules regarding passarounds. Find them here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/262872-Rules-For-Passarounds

Among the rules are 6 month membership on Bladeforums. Along with their rules I have a couple of my own, since it's my knife! ;)
    Beckerheads only. Sorry, but there is a significant investment in my time and I want to know it's going to someone who will REALLY appreciate it.
    CONUS only. Sorry CAM, but I'd worry with my knife winging it across the globe.
    List will be limited to 10, unless there is significant interest, then this will be revisited.

The following was unapologetically lifted from a passaround done by Morrow:

Also read and understand the following:

This comprises the "Shrink Wrap Warranty" for the passaround knife that is described elsewhere in this message. By participating in the passaround you agree and warrant that:

- US Addresses only! No PO Boxes!

- You are 18 or over and considered an adult under your jurisdiction.

- You can legally posses, carry, ship and receive the passaround knife.

- You take full responsibility for this knife and its use while in your possession.

- That you are participating in research and your comments and conversations about the passaround knife are limited to BladeForums.

Keep the passaround up to 1 week and PERSONALLY* send it to the next person by U.S.P.S. Priority Mail, delivery conformation, insured.

This is your responsibility, please do not rely on anyone else to mail it for you. No excuses.

Priority mail with delivery confirmation and $250 of insurance is SOP. You may also choose to ship via UPS or FedEx, as long as the above insurance amount is met.

When you receive the passaround please post in this thread as soon as possible so that we can keep track of it, also note the condition of the knife as it is received. Please report any discrepancies as to the description of the previous participant. In such case, please e-mail me, and I will determine if the knife should be sent back. Please post when you send it on to the next person.

After the knife passes hands, each person needs to verify all contents were received and their condition.

And, please, post a review, in this Thread.

Any questions or to get the next address to forward the knife to contact me at [email protected].

--------------------
    To SIGNUP send me:

Forum name
    Email
    Real Name
    Shipping Address
    Phone

And I will add you to the list in the order they were received, unless it makes sense to change the order to avoid bouncing the knife all over the country when it could just go next door.

----------------------
    First 10 people:

1. Thrillbilly
    2. JWL
    3. Wasatchdan
    4. LG&M
    5. Hawk590
    6. MRN8
    7. Machine26

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  2. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    LOLz! I see you saved me the trouble of signing up! I'm SO down with da passaround!

thanks man, thats pretty cool of ya to do

3. Catmouth

Catmouth

Apr 3, 2012
    I am still amazed at how good that knife looks. You did a hell of job on it. I do not want to be in on the passaround as I do not have much free time right now and it would take away from someone else getting to enjoy some primo steel.

Put Moose or Ethan on there last so they will put this knife into production :) haha

4. JWL

JWL

Jul 20, 2010
    I'm interested.... PM sent.

5. wasatchdan

wasatchdan

Jan 6, 2007
    I'm in on this one, K-9. Sign me up. I dig that bad boy. :D

6. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    I would like to play. Firstly it's a cool mod. Secondly to check out a clip point tweener. Lastly to check out a stripped tweener.
    BK 188

7. Tylerxp

Tylerxp

Jul 10, 2012
    Darn. I'd love to get in on this, but I don't qualify. I wouldn't trust a newbie with a knife I spent that much time on either. Looking forward to the reviews and more pics.

8. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    You're in. #4 it is.

Make sure you forward your info to me.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  9. machine26

machine26

Sep 3, 2009
    I'd like to get in on this. I'll put it through the same shit as all my other knife tests.

10. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    Anyone else pretty excited bout this!?

Im freakin out man!

11. Hawk590

Hawk590 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I too want to handle this one. The 17 is well was my fav till I saw this one!
    Email Sent.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  12. wasatchdan

wasatchdan

Jan 6, 2007
    Yeah, I'm really jonesing to try this one out.

13. thrillbilly

thrillbilly Banned

Apr 16, 2011
    but by the time you get it it will have ogre sweat on it. And perhaps some blood knowing my luck.

14. wasatchdan

wasatchdan

Jan 6, 2007
    LOL. Nothing wrong with a little blood and sweat patina, I always say.

15. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    Does that change the patina? :confused:

16. wasatchdan

wasatchdan

Jan 6, 2007
    Only if Thrill's got corrosive body fluids, which I suspect he might. :p:D

17. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    Hi, Machine; Are you a Beckerhead? I don't see a number on your signature.

18. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    Beam will do that to ya...

19. DJG097

DJG097

Apr 19, 2009
    Id love to get in on this but I have no time. Cool passaround K9. Love the knife.

20. K9-Handler

K9-Handler

Jan 27, 2012
    Thanks.