1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Fiddleback Forge Comparison Photos Round Two (PIC Heavy)

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by maw, Aug 4, 2012.

1. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Hello Folks,

This is round two of the comparison photos. I have added the Terrassaur to the mix and also added 'knife in the hand' shots. I also lined up the all knives differently this time by placing the beginning of the cutting edge on the 6 inch mark of the cutting map. I think it offers a different perspective than found in my first thread of comparison photos.

I hope you find this thread useful. Enjoy. :)

Sincerely,
    Mark

The knife models shown from left to right are: 3-Finger Joe, Hiking Buddy x2, Bushboot, KE Bushie, Ladyfinger, Terrassaur, Bushcrafter, Bushfinger x3, and the Hunter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For the belly shots shown below, I inadvertently changed the line-up order. Sorry about that. The knife models shown from left to right are: 3-Finger Joe, Hiking Buddy x2, Bushboot, KE Bushie, Bushfinger, Ladyfinger, Terrassaur, Bushcrafter, Bushfinger x2, and the Hunter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The End! :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  2. Huntsman Knife Co.

Huntsman Knife Co. KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 10, 2010
    Nice collection!

3. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Thank you KalEl. Take care.

Mark

4. other memory

other memory Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I appreciate your time and effort here. I used your last compare-contrast thread while researching FBF knives. Helpful.

5. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    That makes it worth it for me Alfred. I appreciate your kind words. Thank you!

Mark

6. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Thanks for all the effort, most people never have the chance to see such a great comparison. I really dig that hunter (and the bushfingers!).

7. TPVT

TPVT Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2012
    maw...again, this is great. to see the handle profiles side by side is crucial for comparison. according to your photos...i want the ladyfinger. i like the thinner handles. without your efforts, i wud never have guessed that. thanks very much.

8. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Gentleman, you're quite welcome. Andy offers quite a selection of knives now doesn't he?! :)

Mark

9. mctrinket

mctrinket

Feb 26, 2012
    Great post! I really gotta snag me a Bushfinger.

Hoping there's some in the big bunch batch next Friday!

10. Shamr0ck

Shamr0ck

Mar 30, 2012
    Mark - what a stunning collection and the care taken to snap pics from the different angles is very valuable. I'm new to FF knives and will use this thread to compare the knives I have to the ones I want to help make decisions. Thanks again ~

11. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Thank you mctrinket. I too am patiently waiting for FBF Friday. :encouragement:

Mark

12. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Hi Shamr0ck, I am glad to hear you found this information useful. Andy is one talented knife maker who offers an outstanding selection of knives. Who can resist? :)

I have noticed that you have quite a nice collection of 3-Finger Joe's and your photos of them are wonderful too! Yes, very nice indeed. Take care.

Mark

13. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    Very nice comparison thread! That will be quite helpful to new buyers when they compare specs on models. Well done.

14. saucyCT

saucyCT

Jul 5, 2012
    Gah! Are you trying to get me to buy another Fiddleback this Friday?!? Love seeing all these blades side by side! Sweet collection of pretty knives. Thanks for posting.

15. wildmanh

wildmanh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Mark, thanks for the pictures! I Think these pictures should be made part of a sticky.

By the way, They all look brand new. Whats up with that?? Get out there and use em. ;)

16. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Thank you chainring. I know that for me it certainly helps to have comparison photos and my wish is for it to help others as well. Plus, do you see the consistency in Andy's work? :eek: Quite remarkable indeed!

Fiddleback Friday? Mmmmm...no. I am not sure what you are talking about. Never heard of it. Nope, no way no how. :p All kidding aside. Fiddleback Friday has really come into its own. I really enjoy looking forward to the end of the week when I can get all bonkers viewing Andy's work. He has really nailed it.

Gee Heber, thank you. I know they look all nice and clean but the Bushcrafter and Bushfinger do see use. I wipe them down with Ballistol when I'm done to keep them clean for these photos. I do however very much respect a nice naturally earned patina. I need to let them show some of that I guess. :)

Mark

17. nativejim

nativejim

May 6, 2011
    great pixs & sweet collection too....thanks for sharin'!~

18. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Your welcome!

Mark

19. geargeek

geargeek Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2010
    Very nice collection! Informative too, thanks for making the effort; I'm sure it will be useful for those who are trying to decide among the different styles (as if one is going to be enough, right!)

20. maw

Oct 15, 2000
    Hi geargeek,

I do not know how you can stop at one? Andy offers such a wide selection of blade shapes and handle configurations it makes my eyes spin. :p He puts them up for sale on the web and I look at them and say, that is beautiful and before you know it, I'm clicking send payment. I think Andy once said something to the effect that life is too short to go through with an ugly knife. Boy...he knows how to build them to take of that! :)

Mark