1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Fiddleback Friday - Back to School Batch

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Well, my kids started back to school this week. I think its crazy to start this early, but I'm not the man in charge.

As promised this week, I have a rather large batch of knives for the forumites! Lets get right to it!

First up I have a couple of black on black knives that are pretty nice and unique. Both are 1/8" thick 3D Spalted 01 steel. First up is a shank with really long pretty swedges and a blingey little mosaic pin. $205 shipped. I have no sheath for this one. Also up is a Hunter! I never grind Hunters from stock this thin because it is too easy to mess up the grind on the last belt. Which is exactly what happened to the other one. I was 1 for two on 1/8" thick Hunters this week. This is a rare knife. ($275 shipped US. I have no sheath for this one.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have two knives with white linen over natural canvas with orange pinstripe. One is a pretty convex Hiking Buddy on 1/8" thick 01 ($215 shipped without sheath. I have sheaths available for HB's. $40 for a Heber, or $50 for an RLo. The other knife is a Bushfinger with scandi and sick 3D Spalted steel (1/8" thick). $240 shipped without a sheath, or $280 shipped with a Heber sheath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have two pretty 5/32" thick 3D Spalted and convexed Ladyfingers available today. One is wearing stabalized dyed curly Maple with a black liner and blue pinstripe, and the other is Black on Black Burlap with orange highlight. Either knife is $255 shipped without sheath, or $295 shipped with a Heber sheath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Check out how cool the spalting is on this EDC wearing cofeebag burlap and black. ($230 shipped without sheath, or $270 with sheath)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made a really nice Bushcrafter wearing antique canvas micarta this week. Convex sabergrind. Pretty spalting. 5/32" thick. $250 shipped without sheath, and $290 with a Heber sheath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How about a beauty of a Hiking Buddy with stabalized dyed curly Maple scales and 5/32" 3D Spalted 01 with convex sabergrind. $230 shipped without sheath. $40 for a heber, or $50 for an Rlo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And finally, something more to Mr. Mann's taste. Two pretty Bushfingers. One is Tuxedo, the other maroon linen over nat can. Both have 1/4" pins and a 1/8" mosaic pin. $230 shipped for the tuxedo handle, or $255 for the Maroon Linen one. I have Heber sheaths for $40, or Rlo sheaths for $50 for these as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ErichM

ErichM Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Ok Andy, I'll take a bushfinger... which one? tuxedo, yes

4. silverbullets

silverbullets Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 10, 2007
    beautiful work as always :thumbup:

5. justdrifting

justdrifting

Feb 23, 2005
    I'll take the "The other knife is a Bushfinger with scandi and sick 3D Spalted steel (1/8" thick). $240 shipped without a sheath," - Thx.

"...white linen over natural canvas with orange pinstripe."

Hm...isn't the scandi white handled knife a Bushcrafter? I'll still take it. Call me confused.

edit: I'm so glad this is a Back to School batch. I'm going to see if I can get the parents to pay for this school supply ;)

edit: Payment sent, thx!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  6. geargeek

geargeek Gold Member Gold Member

May 31, 2010
    I'll take the maroon linen Bushfinger! Knife only please, no sheath, for 255.00, thanks.
    PS Just checking, is this Bushfinger the usual 5/32 stock, (I hope so, I'm not looking for a 1/8 stock one)?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  7. KHDaily

KHDaily

Aug 17, 2011
    Ha I knew Erich was going to buy a bushfinger! Nice work as always Andy!

8. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    WOW...beautiful batch Andy! It is kind of neat how you used the 1/4" pins and 1/8" mosaic pins on those Bushfingers.

Congratulations to those who have grabbed some of these knives already!

Mark

9. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    You got it brother. Thank you!

You got it right. It is a Bushcrafter. Congrats, and thank you, the knife is yours.

You got it Geargeek. It is 5/32" thick. Thanks!

10. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    BTW, please paypal funds to: fiddlebackpayments at att dot net
    Please describe your knife in the paypal note section fort the taxman.

Thank you all very much for your support!

11. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Wowza, 1/8" hiking buddy conex in white..just what my proxy was hunting for me at Blade!!!!! :eek:

Luckily I got hooked up with a beauty in black and orange a couple weeks ago! :thumbup: I will say that for whoever gets it...the hb is awesome in 1/8" convex...so light, handy and slicey! That is one awesome small blade!! :thumbup::thumbup:

12. saucyCT

saucyCT

Jul 5, 2012
    seconds on the maroon bushfinger. (congrats geargeek! that's a handsome knife.)

13. geargeek

May 31, 2010
    Payment sent, many thanks!

14. geargeek

May 31, 2010
    Yes, I got lucky on this one!

15. grafton

grafton

Aug 28, 2010
    Nice. I bet that Hunter is a mean slicing machine!

16. Stratmeister

Stratmeister

Feb 6, 2009
    Somebody please buy that curly maple HB, I don't need another one...��

17. justdrifting

justdrifting

Feb 23, 2005
    I'll take the "...white linen over natural canvas with orange pinstripe. One is a pretty convex Hiking Buddy on 1/8" thick 01"

No sense in fighting it. Thx.

(payment sent, thx)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  18. chainring

chainring KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2008
    So purty. I love the maroon linen!

19. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    You got it JD.

20. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    Just to let y'all know what is left. I still have a Bushfinger wearing antique natural can over nat can from the one knife batch. I have a similar Bushcrafter with antique canvas over black from this batch. The shank, both Ladyfingers, and a thin Hunter are also available all from this batch.