1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Fighting piranhas with a khukuri! [Mens' Pulp Mag Cover Art]

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by beoram, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    Thanks for this Ben!!!:thumbup: If I was a betting man I'd bet that there aren't to many members here at BFC that recall these old "rags" let alone reading them!!! The old "pulp rags" were what spawned the original old SciFi magazines and IMHO, among many others, led to the eventual respectability of SciFi - especially as its known today. :cool: :D

2. jacksterp

jacksterp

Jun 3, 2011
    Wow - awesome!

3. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod Staff Member Super Mod

Apr 6, 2000
    My uncle gave me a collection of similar magazines -- hunting wild animals, man-eaters, desperate villagers :eek:
    They meshed well with my subscription to Tarzan comics.

4. kamagong

kamagong

Jan 13, 2001
    Neat pic. A khukuri seems a bit overkill for a fish though.

I wonder if that Jim Corbett is the same one that wrote Man-Eaters of Kumaon?

5. Brad "the butcher"

Brad "the butcher"

Dec 15, 2008
    I had a good laugh, awesome pic.
    My grandfather was a sci fi guy and a collector. I can remember boxes of stuff like that. Too bad it all got tossed by my mother when he passed.