1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

First AA Forge arrived!

Discussion in 'AA Forge Knives' started by bear71, Aug 2, 2016.

1. bear71

bear71 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 17, 2013
    After much procrastination I placed an order for a custom Grunt at the end of last year. the knife was delivered as per schedule but due to my overseas trips I have only just got the knife in hand. It's beauty in my favourite handle combination. Can't wait to get it dirty and have already ordered a Huntsman in the same configuration.

3/32 Scandivex O1
    [​IMG]
    Osage Scales with Natural liners and blue pinstripes
    [​IMG]
    Extremely comfortable handle
    [​IMG]

2. tmet

tmet

Jan 8, 2016
    Very nice

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

3. xxkcxx

xxkcxx Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Sweet!

4. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Nice choice Jules. I got a Grunt in trade early this year. It has become one of my favorite go-to knives. Knowing your tastes for FF Kepharts, I think you will really appreciate the Grunt.

Phil

5. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Looks good! I have a couple similarly sized knives by Adam and love the way they feel.

6. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    Cheers Phil. I was just comparing blade shape to the only kephart I have with me and it has a lot of similarities. Very different handle profile to most of the knives I own but very comfortable.

7. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    [emoji106]I'm looking forward to trying a few more!

8. Scotcha

Scotcha Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Very nice Jules. I have a couple on the way as well. Adam's blades are top notch.

9. Hulk2e

Hulk2e Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 18, 2014
    That is a sweet knife. I see a bunch of the Fiddleback folks have the same taste. Very cool!

10. bear71

Jun 17, 2013
    Put the Grunt to work in Japan, not exactly its intended use but handled very nimbly for some fine work. (My first attempt at figure carving)...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. AA Forge

AA Forge Custom Knife Maker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you for posting about your Grunt. We shared the photos on our Instagram page, AA Forge Custom Knives.