1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

First Fiddleback... Finally!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by philodemus, Oct 27, 2012.

1. philodemus

philodemus

May 9, 2010
    It had to happen eventually. After years of admiring Andy's work, I was finally able to snag my first Fiddleback a few weeks ago!

Euphoria over my score turned to anticipation and then to agony as every day the parcel delivery studiously avoided my house. :eek:

I can't tell you how happy I was when this showed up in my mailbox: :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The photos really don't do this knife justice. Amazing work Andy! You exceeded all my expectations!

2. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Hey Phil, that's a sweet Bushfinger. I especially like the spalting on that one.
    My first Fiddleback was a Bushfinger as well. I think it is still my favorite although I've got my eye on another model that I'm hoping to snatch up soon that may be a contender.

Take care, Sergio

3. BBQ BOY

BBQ BOY Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Very nice!!!!

4. in the flesh

in the flesh

Jul 11, 2010
    Burlap is the best. Nice choice.

5. mistwalker

mistwalker Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Sweet score! I'm really digging the burlap micarta.

6. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Cool! I lover that combo, the knife is looking too pretty. Get it dirty already!

7. maw

maw Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 15, 2000
    That is a beautiful knife P! That burlap leaps out against the 3D Spalting.

Mark

8. Edgy1AllDay

Edgy1AllDay

May 9, 2011
    Excellent choice! I am sure you will have a great time putting it through the paces!

9. Shamr0ck

Shamr0ck

Mar 30, 2012
    Seeing your Bushfinger is making waiting for my first bushfinger even harder. I love the canvas micarta and the blue pinstripe really pops. Great looking knife - enjoy

10. justdrifting

justdrifting

Feb 23, 2005
    burlap is sexy stuff.