[First Look] New ZT WWHHHHAAAATTT?

Digging the 0801...

0801cf_open_clipside.png

for a couple of years now, I've been wanting a knife using Vanadis 4E. Looks like I'll end up with a 'hawk!

Anybody have any intel on Vanadis 4?

You could find a few post about V4E. I'm currently getting one made. V4E is basically the Bohler-Uddenholm version CPM3V except that it's cleaner and can be HT'ed to higher RC. It's a serious contender amongst the giants of tough cutlery steels like PD-1.

I don't see the normal Hawk crew chiming in yet. I don't think this will cut into Storm Crow or RMJs customer base too deep. I'm a ZT fan but this looks too "United-ish" or "Boker-ish" for me.

I don't see the normal Hawk crew chiming in yet. I don't think this will cut into Storm Crow or RMJs customer base too deep. I'm a ZT fan but this looks too "United-ish" or "Boker-ish" for me.

:) Nice to see options, but I'm not canceling my Storm Crow order. The 0180 otoh looks interesting...

Yeah........certainly a different crowd. At any rate, I can see some functionality here but I'm also seeing design based on the "cool" factor in spite of its intended duty. I've got a major.......and I mean major problem with a breaching style hawk with a hole in the head. This screams "IM GOING TO GET HUNG UP IN MATERIAL AND BE A GIANT PAIN IN THE ASS TO PULL OR PRY OUT WHEN SECONDS SAVE LIVES".

Second is the apparent jimping in the handles pry end. This could possibly afford you a little more grip in the object your trying to pry, but it could also serve as a double edged sword as it could equally jam up in the intended object and not allow you to get a good set as well.

Last of all......seems like an awful "pointy" spike for a breaching hawk. I could see that tip breaking under decent impacts.

Any way.....at this point it's just a picture.....so we will see.

While I'm excited for a ZT hawk I'm not a fan of the spike. As Snakebreaker mentioned it doesn't seem like it'd be a good breacher. For the price I'd probably just go with HHA.

That spike. Why...? A concave profile is just such an awful idea. That point is gonna' be gone in no time.

Back