First outdoor time with my Backwoods Custom knife

BRL

Great weekend high up in the mountains of AZ. Me 'n the whole fam damily, plus a pile of friends and their kids. Camping in the pines and fishing at a nearby watering hole. Good times, good times.

Oooh
IMG_2435.jpg

Aaah
IMG_2426.jpg

My first chance to take the 'sweeping beauty' out for a spin that Bill sold for a song, as well. Man, I'm loving it. I have to admit that it was a little hard to get it dirty, at first. I've read other people saying the same stuff. But it rode my hip all weekend and was the subject of many, many conversations. First off, I had to beat the kids with sticks to get them to leave it alone and finally had to bribe them with a bunch of folders I had stashed everywhere. Wife even grabbed it at some point and I was startin' to get worried I wasn't going to get it back.

Fits the hand so well
IMG_2377.jpg

I ate with it, carved with it, cleaned fish with it. The only thing I didn't feel comfortable with was hammering stuff with the pommel. It's not a Becker BK2, which you can absolutely beat to hell and never think, but it's not something I'm keeping on a shelf either. Oh and it was a little hard to shove it up a fish's a**hole at the beginning, too.

The dumb fellows were hanging out right by the shore
IMG_2412.jpg

BAD IDEA
IMG_2371.jpg

The oldest using it for carving fish gigs
IMG_2369.jpg

More carving
IMG_2370.jpg

Dumb dog
IMG_2386.jpg

Smart dog
IMG_2418.jpg

Good tools, good times
IMG_2457.jpg

So thanks again to Bill for great craftsmanship, great artistry, and a great price.

Awesome pics BRL! I love seeing them in action and your landscape shots are unreal. Thanks a ton for posting them.

. . . . BA is gonna read this post 20 times tonight before he goes to bed because someone FINALLY, FINALLY, got one of his masterpieces dirty . . . . :D :D :D
BRL, I hope you had an easier time doing yours today than I did . . . . . knife damn near jumed out of my hands when it saw it was heading into that piece of oak . . . . :)
Great shots of your play area, great looking knife as well. Hope you had a great Father's Day . . . . :thumbup:
Be safe.

BRL, looks like you and the family had a great time, and put that new knife to good use.

Thanks fellas, had a great time. Wish I was still there in fact.

Back