1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

First slimline

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by FarmKid, Jul 22, 2012.

1. FarmKid

FarmKid

Jun 7, 2012
    Ive been wanting a case slimline trapper for a while now. Yesterday morning I traded for one from one of my friends who works on the farm part time. It's the yellow barehead one in cv. I have fell in love with this knife. For its size it just disappears in the pocket. Its ultra light, and I love the long slender blade. Just wish it had a Spey like tha older ones did.

2. gruntmedik

gruntmedik Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I've got a couple Slimlines, and I agree, they are a knife that carries smaller than they are.

3. Watch out, they are addictive. I've got a Northfield 48, a Case slimline barehead and a Queen 11.

4. whetrock

whetrock

Nov 13, 2010
    Slimlines are grand. I've come to love the GEC #48. The Case are fantastic as well. The slimline Trapper is a grand minimalist pattern as far as I'm concerned.

5. LEGION 12

LEGION 12 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Heres mine a real easy to carry knife gonna have to get one in cv one of these days. [​IMG]

6. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Slimlines are great. A long slender clip blade is what I have found to be the most universally useful for everday chores.
    The GEC toothpicks are very similar and pocket friendly as well.

7. FarmKid

FarmKid

Jun 7, 2012
    The cv is great. I'm looking to get one in red bone but this one isn't leavin my pocket any time soon. I like the queens and GEC too. I can't get over how it dissapears in the pocket. I forget I have it until I get it to use it.