Fishing season is here!!!!!

No new pictures to post, but I have caught a ton of Walleye so far this season. No beasts yet, unfortunately. Biggest so far have been a couple 22"ers. Ate a 19" one last night for dinner that I caught over the weekend.

Caught these yesterday. These are land locked king salmon from lake shasta in northern California.

Steelhead i got in Jan. man im ready for them to get here again:thumbup:

Hooked into a monster.

IMG_20120701_190519.jpg

Looks like the perch i caught today...been to damn hot. and tstorms 2 days...crap, got one more day so im hitting early in the morning weather permitting :(

I got another Hog fellas! This time, I used a large black Arbogast popper. God damn...what a fight!

attachment.php

Are you freaking kidding me. That thing is a giant. Nice catch. Again, I have to ask. Where is this magic fishing hole you keep going too?

Are you freaking kidding me. That thing is a giant. Nice catch. Again, I have to ask. Where is this magic fishing hole you keep going too?

You know man, I keep meaning to take pictures for the Swamp...but I totally forget when I get there (I even forgot to tie my damn shoe laces)! Its a quarry hidden way back in the woods. Its been around since the 70's or so, and there are a ton of big fish in there! Next time, and there WILL be a next time, I will take some detailed pictures of the expedition...and the cutlery :cool:

Awesome Largemouth Bass B!!! My kids are jealous, lol! The Largemouth we were catching last weekend could be dinner for that guy! :D

Awesome Largemouth Bass B!!! My kids are jealous, lol! The Largemouth we were catching last weekend could be dinner for that guy! :D

Thanks brother! I am used to catching smaller bass as well, so when I get a fish like this...it makes for a very special occasion. That particular bass pictured was seen circling around the boat when we were reeling in the smaller bass, probably out of curiosity. Believe or not, there were even a few coming up from the depths to inspect the commotion that were noticeably bigger! Reminded me of that scene from Jaws...

[video=youtube;67p4hS6vyD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67p4hS6vyD8[/video]

A couple good looking trout from last weekend's mountain trip.

Here's a Hofer strain Rainbow:
Hofer.jpg

And here's a Brownie:
Brown.jpg

Neither of these are anything special wrt size (both ~16"), but the colors on these two were extraordinary!!! :D

Well...no pictures since we went overboard yesterday and I lost my phone, but today's adventure included a 10 second fight with a fish and the gator that ate it off my DAMN HOOK!!!! I knew I should have just went to a different place since there were 4 gators in my spot BUT it is a good spot for gar....so I stayed.

Caught this juvenile ....I discovered at least 2 previous attempts on his life.....one hook still in his mouth...aside from mine and a rope hanging out his ass....later got that hook from his gut too. Fillets and extra hooks!!!!

These bastids are tough....but no match for the mighty 300!!!

CIMG1479.jpg

CIMG1480.jpg

CIMG1482.jpg

CIMG1478.jpg

CIMG1476.jpg

CIMG1474.jpg

CIMG1483.jpg

I don't know about you guys that are fighting gators for fishing spots. I think you are all nuts. :p

Well, the gators hang out there cause the abundance of food....hence more fish for me. I kept them at bay with my daughters bb gun. Doesn't hurt them but scares them enough to keep them away unless they are too aggressive.....then the .45 speaks.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that I have watched to much TV. I would probably try to jump in and see if I could do that hand under there chin thing. LOL

Took a short trip to BFE, Wyoming last weekend and did a little fly-fishing. Bite was not as "on" as it could have been, but getting a long way away was more the point of the trip.

P8170456.jpg

P8180499.jpg

Last edited:
Back