For All The Fiddleback & Bushcarft Fans

Mistwalker

Gold Member
For all the Fiddleback Forge bushcraft fans there are several pages, pgs 17-23, of the current issue of Self Reliance Illustrated that may be of interest :)

It's one of my largest articles yet at somewhere around 2000 words, but there are lots of pics for those who don't like to actually read the text ;)

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

Hi Brian,

I knew that was you! I got my issue in the mail yesterday and immediately knew that knife from this forum not to mention your skills. Congratulations and I hope the article brings much success.

Mark

Hi Brian,

I knew that was you! I got my issue in the mail yesterday and immediately knew that knife from this forum not to mention your skills. Congratulations and I hope the article brings much success.

Mark

Thanks man, I thought somebody might recognize it :)

Nice article Mist!

Thanks Eric! I was going for this comprehensive enough that people would to be able to study this and practice and be able to achieve success with a made from scratch bow drill in the wilderness. It's a valuable skill for the outdoors man, and I compiled data from years of study.

Thats an excellent shot of my knife all nice and worn in! Thanks Brian.

Thats an excellent shot of my knife all nice and worn in! Thanks Brian.

No, thank you for making great knives! The Hunter is a pleasure to work with...as have been all of the other Fiddlebacks :)

It was great, their normal upper word limit is like 1400 words but they let me use as much as I needed to say what I felt needed saying so the article finished up at just over 2000 words plus captions. There are also several pics of the knife in use over the seven pages of the article, they used all 21 of the photos I submitted for the article. I only took a pic of the first page to share here since the issue just came out. Didn't want to get in trouble for sharing the entire article for free :)

Back